Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

I've started the 4-hr-only eating window today. My only calories will be from 6PM-10PM each day.

I'll have 0 calorie BCAAs and C4 pre-workout in the mornings.

About a gallon per day of water will be consumed, ~90% of it before 6PM. Instead of spacing out the water from morning until 10PM, You gotta cut it off somewhat early or you'll be peeing all night.

I had some success with this before, but then I stopped for reasons I can't recall.

21 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I've started the 4-hr-only eating window today. My only calories will be from 6PM-10PM each day.

I'll have 0 calorie BCAAs and C4 pre-workout in the mornings.

About a gallon per day of water will be consumed, ~90% of it before 6PM. Instead of spacing out the water from morning until 10PM, You gotta cut it off somewhat early or you'll be peeing all night.

I had some success with this before, but then I stopped for reasons I can't recall.

Would it be because not eating for 20 hrs a day sucks?

That's my guess.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That's my guess.

I would think that would destroy your metabolism. What benefit does only eating during those hours have? 

4 minutes ago, PAW said:

I would think that would destroy your metabolism. What benefit does only eating during those hours have? 

Nah, IF works ok.

One benefit is the abilty to eat larger meals and still keep total calories in check.

It's also easier as you don't have to plan as many meals.

I tried it for a while, but I didn't care for it. Felt too much like "a diet". Some folks swear by it. I've got a buddy who uses it and is enormous (but he's on gear too).

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That's my guess.

That had something to do with it. I think I went on vacation and blew it there.

It's great for your insulin levels and fat loss.

REGULAR DAY:

• 6:00 - superfood supplement 
  • 6:15ish - 2 cups of lettuce +8 oz of organic, grass fed red meat
  • 7:30/8:00ish- 2-3 organic eggs + half an organic tomato (cooked, EVOO, + S&P)
  • 9:30- casein protein + heavy cream

CHEAT DAY:

6:00 - superfood supplement

6:15ish - HEAVY mexican food/gyros/sandwiches/steakhouse (2000 cal)

9:30 - casein + small heavy cream

Other supplements: fishoil, calcium, circumin, ZMA/chelated mineral supplemement

I also take a good forskolin supplement during the day.

Trying to avoid pizza, but esp. soda, both regular and diet.

1 hour ago, PAW said:

Intermittent Fasting has been quite the rage recently. It just doesn't allow you to eat whenever you want, so some don't like it. It's got some nice health benefits.

The whole concept of needing to eat every few hours has been blown to bits. If you wan to pack on muscle, yes, eat throughout the day. But that metabolism argument doesn't hold water. I already have a lot of muscle mass on me; I'm just trying to lose weight and improve my health.

Google Intermittent Fasting.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, freak_of_nature said:
  • 6:00 - superfood supplement 
  • 6:15ish - 2 cups of lettuce +8 oz of organic, grass fed red meat
  • 7:30/8:00ish- 2-3 organic eggs + half an organic tomato (cooked, EVOO, + S&P)
  • 9:30- casein protein + heavy cream

You get enough calories from this?

IF is great if you count calories and you feel like you have to have a big meal. If you're someone who'd rather snack on small stuff all day long it'd be tough for you. Personally I'd much rather wait all day and have a big meal for dinner. Though I think the 6pm-10pm window seems a little late as it kind of counteracts the fasting if you're eating right before bed.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dammit, my bad broseph.

I forgives

I forgets

But best of all, I lifts

^^^^Memelife 2017

So I am taking a preworkout for the first time in a good bit. And last night, many hours after gym, im am giving it a go with this chick when she stops me and says "Why are you shaking so bad?".. I was like, am i? I hold up my hand and sure enough its 90 year old Parkinson. WTF? Why did that happen?

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1