Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

13 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Do you consider overhead press a chest exercise? If not, bench press.

Overhead press is for your shoulders. And a good way to f up your neck. 

Ive been doing strictly incline bench for a while. I got tired to doing cable crossovers, hammer strength and others. My workouts got way too complex so I've decided to dumb it down and go real simple. 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I went too heavy and the weight went behind my neck. I tried to go straight up but it slipped back. 

That's the problem then.  Don't do shoulder presses behind your head.  I see people doing that a lot more often than I should.  Who taught you to do it like that?

53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I went too heavy and the weight went behind my neck. I tried to go straight up but it slipped back. 

As @cddolphin said, this is a "you" thing bud.

OHP is a great exercise, but folks commonly let their ego get in the way on this one in my experience.  

As for the chest exercise, flat bench.  I prefer compound movements. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can't do O.P. either, but mine is because of a reconstructive shoulder repair/rotator cuff surgery several years back. My surgeon and PT both said NO MORE overhead press/military press, so as a result I have to stay away from that.

Scrabble, yours sounds more like technique combined with too much weight, and I'd guess you weren't using a spotter if that happened. I could be wrong though.