Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Obviously if it persists past what typical DOMS would be, I'd get it checks, but otherwise, they are similar to any other muscle group in that regard. 

Yeah, what threw me off was that it felt like it was the rib cage/bone itself that was hurting, but reading up on it I guess it's just the underlying connective tissue.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:43 PM, sunnygsm said:

After a while you get much better at approximating what you're actually eating. Meticulous tracking becomes less necessary in time. 

Exactly - measure your food for a few weeks and occasionally look up new foods. Start to track when you need to make a weight or when you are stressed (as you will eat more and rationalize that it is less).

But if you complain you can't lose weight but haven't tried tracking....thats on you. 

On 8/2/2017 at 6:46 AM, BLick12 said:

Down to 204.  Don't think I'm going to make the 190 that I would've liked to have been at for my wedding in less than 2 months, but I feel pretty good.  Unfortunately, I really screwed up my shoulder and haven't been able to do anything upper body for nearly the last 2 months.  With that said, I started running in place of those workouts and so now I'm squatting twice a week and running 3 times.  It was brutal when I first started and my squat hasn't improved too much since I'm still cutting, but I definitely have some muscle endurance in my legs again.  It just sucks because I was making a ton of progress upper body wise and now that's been pretty neglected for a while.

Well im sorry you didn't make your goal, should of pushed your self harder bruh. Should of been a cake walk to the 180's. 

Edited by Bednarik60

@BLick12   if you have access to a sauna i would go in there and stretch out in there and take a bunch of hot epsom salt (magnesium) baths (putting your feet up on the wall and soaking your entire upper body) ...heat, magnesium(good nutrition to) and blood flow helps the body  heal. 

Edited by Bednarik60

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

No ones ever got fat or lost gains, eating oat meal ,  whey, chicken breast and eggs. 

Yes they have. This is a ridiculous point. And congrats that never tracking anything worked for you, that great. Unfortunately this does not work for everyone. And there are countless success stories of people tracking everything.

And my original point was not even to track everything. It was to do it for a few weeks so that you are conscious about everything going into your body. I know plenty of people who eat a healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner but don't realize the soda with lunch, the cream and sugar in the coffee in the morning, the couple handfuls of cheez-its they grabbed, and the couple cookies they had after dinner suddenly added 500 calories to there day. Tracking everything kinda wakes you up to all of this (Which may not apply to you as you already seem to be aware of this). 

4 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Yes they have. This is a ridiculous point. And congrats that never tracking anything worked for you, that great. Unfortunately this does not work for everyone. And there are countless success stories of people tracking everything.

And my original point was not even to track everything. It was to do it for a few weeks so that you are conscious about everything going into your body. I know plenty of people who eat a healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner but don't realize the soda with lunch, the cream and sugar in the coffee in the morning, the couple handfuls of cheez-its they grabbed, and the couple cookies they had after dinner suddenly added 500 calories to there day. Tracking everything kinda wakes you up to all of this (Which may not apply to you as you already seem to be aware of this). 

No they haven't sir. 

And it does work anyone who actually sticks to it. 

yeah what happens the second they don't? what are you going to track everything? LOL People were shrrreedded AF before apps and dummy math , i wonder how they did that? 

I don't come from some crazy genetic pool. I just have REAL knowledge and discipline, you could to if you weren't lazy. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

No they haven't sir. 

And it does work anyone who actually sticks to it. 

yeah what happens the second they don't? what are you going to track everything? LOL People were shrrreedded AF before apps and dummy math , i wonder how they did that? 

I don't come from some crazy genetic pool. I just have REAL knowledge and discipline, you could to if you weren't lazy. 

I don't want to argue with you on this, as I do agree with a few of the things you are saying and I generally do not track either. I am just saying for those who can't lose weight and say they eat healthy, they need to take a look at if they are actually eating healthy. A good way to do this is by tracking macros.

And people have tracked macros and food for decades. Apps have made it easier, but many old timers wrote everything down in a notebook. But I do agree that it is not needed for everyone, but it certainly helps for some people. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

You should be going be instincts. Develop them. 

Once again I kinda agree haha. I guess what I am saying is tracking for a few weeks is a good way to develop these instincts if you struggle with them.

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Its not about a set number of calories, its about the make up of the food you are eating. If you are eating for maximum hormone health and not "Calories in, calories out" , its easy. 

To each there own. This has been discussed a thousand times here and what you do clearly has worked for you and what I've done works for me. Not always just one way to accomplish the same thing.

Anyways - whats everyones current goals? I'm assuming most are cutting with it being summer but anyone competing soon (BB or powerlifting)??

I say this as a person who went crazy trying to hit a certain numbers of macros. At some point its got to just become a lifestyle and not a regime or this thing your doing, something that is as natural to you as getting on a football forum or doing your laundry or driving a car, you should just get to autopilot at some point. 

There are so many things going on with the body, so many different processes, your body has no clue what a "Calorie" is, it just needs the correct materials to repair and run the body,  its just impossible to define that for you as individual. 

Edited by Bednarik60