Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

I don't believe he died from the steroids, I believe it was from other recreational drugs. I always liked Rich and he has motivated and helped countless people get tehre lives together. Dude was always pretty honest and showed a unique side of the bodybuilding community. Unfortunately I believe that the whole phone call thing with his ex-wife might've messed with his head and sent him down a bad path again.

Sad week to lose 2 guys. 

Quite frankly the guy was a clown.  He was a buffoon who personified the meathead stereotype.  I mean, he got married in a cutoff tux for Christ's sake.

I appreciate his honesty re: his use of gear, but he glorified a lifestyle that leads a lot of young men to early graves.  He's not a motivator, he's a cautionary tale.

Bodybuilding at the top level is a hardcore sport with deadly consequences, Rich never shied away from that, he was just hardcore, as hardcore as it gets.  Rich was actually one of the most positive people out there for natty's with tons of good info for natty's, he was always preaching staying natty to nattys. 

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He had some good info, but he also went full potato a LOT...dong/ball ratio, 8 hr arm workouts with 16 protein shakes, etc.

The best part of his videos were the comments.

LOL.The  earlier on videos where hes just talking form and exercises or nutrition are really good, then its just pure click bait/shock-aww bait for views.

He was clearly going after a certain demographic of people. Noticed a lot of middle age straight edge people loved his stuff. Which is funny cause they are anti drug/substances. But he was going after anyone who thought hand tattoos , goth decor , sleeveless tuxedos, were cool. He was making a killing off that channel tho and whatever demographic that is, he tapped into it. 

Edited by Bednarik60
  • Like 1

Every 24 Hour Fitness Sport gym i go to, half the equipment is broken or needs servicing, the gym is a mess, the bathroom is gross. 

Then you go to a 24 Hour Super Sport and its the complete opposite, everything is serviced, nicely organized for the most part, bathroom is clean. 

Its amazing the difference. 

On 8/25/2017 at 7:12 PM, mm6492 said:

I don't believe he died from the steroids, I believe it was from other recreational drugs. I always liked Rich and he has motivated and helped countless people get tehre lives together. Dude was always pretty honest and showed a unique side of the bodybuilding community. Unfortunately I believe that the whole phone call thing with his ex-wife might've messed with his head and sent him down a bad path again.

Sad week to lose 2 guys. 

He pinned like 2-5 grams at a time...the gear contributed a lot
On top of that, he sorta did not know what he was doing. He just did a lot of gear. He clearly did not have a doc(like he should have) watching his health.

Having said that, I know people who have been around him and defiantly hit the recreational drugs pretty hard as well.

Edited by Calibucsfan

Need a bit of help here guys, but I can't give a lot of information.

my shoulder (above my armpit and behind it) hurts like hell when I shoot a basketball ( extending motion) and sometimes curling .

its been going on for a few months and I have no explanation .

23 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Need a bit of help here guys, but I can't give a lot of information.

my shoulder (above my armpit and behind it) hurts like hell when I shoot a basketball ( extending motion) and sometimes curling .

its been going on for a few months and I have no explanation .

Well I don't need much info to give you the best advice you'll get.....see a doctor.

Could be your rotator cuff.

I'm going super duper lean right now.  I think I'll stay on a super lean diet for probably three months and see where I'm at.  I'm planning on eating a lot still.  Anybody have any ood lean chicken/tuna/occasional beef recipes?  Basically just looking for good combinations of ingredients that will make it edible for me.  Today I mixed brown rice with spinach and tuna and it was pretty tolerable even though I hate tuna.  I'll eat that for my meals until I'm sick of it, then move on to the next thing I can stomach.

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm going super duper lean right now.  I think I'll stay on a super lean diet for probably three months and see where I'm at.  I'm planning on eating a lot still.  Anybody have any ood lean chicken/tuna/occasional beef recipes?  Basically just looking for good combinations of ingredients that will make it edible for me.  Today I mixed brown rice with spinach and tuna and it was pretty tolerable even though I hate tuna.  I'll eat that for my meals until I'm sick of it, then move on to the next thing I can stomach.

Can't go wrong with grilled chicken along with homemade greek salad, grilled chicken and mixed veggies, tuna lettuce wraps (I like to add tapatio even though it's high in sodium), stuffed bell peppers (I use ground turkey over ground beef doe). These are my lunch meal preps usually. Occasionally I go for sweet potato hash but it's not the leanest thing in the world.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I do a lot of

chicken/brown rice/black beans/spinach

pork/quinoa/broccoli

salmon/brown rice/black beans

ground turkey/brown rice/bell peppers

pretty much rotate any version of those for my lunches throughout the week or if one of the meats is on sale ill stock up on it. Always season my meats pretty generously and pretty spicy, a lot of cayenne pepper, paprika, cajun spices. And I put lemon juice on pretty much everything. 

EDIT:

Girlfriend just made me lunch today and I'll be adding it to my rotation for sure, it was ground turkey, grilled zucchini and bell peppers over a bed of riced cauliflower which I'd never had before and it was bomb. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7
Added recipe
  • Like 1

If you like Candito, check out Russel Orhii.  Not as informative as Johnnie but funny videos and the dude is strong as an ox.  Just got a 791kg (1745lb) total in the 83kg (182.6lb) class.  Would put him 5th in the world at his weight class in the USAPL.

• Like 1