Fans of Playoff Teams

joru1000

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I haven't seen a playoff game in 14 years, that is correct. But I've been watching football my entire life and any team that has a running game, a pass rush, above average in all 3 phases of the game, and great coaching should go deep into the playoffs. And that's being objective

You do realize you just described the Eagles, right? Except the whole haven't seen a playoff game in 14 years part!!

3 hours ago, DistantRam said:
4 hours ago, Danger said:

Rams fans are absolutely precious. 

Yeah- we’re all exactly the same. 

Welcome to the club. We too get lumped in the Crap sometimes. I mean hell we all have disposable batteries and hate Santa, right? ?

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You do realize you just described the Eagles, right? Except the whole haven't seen a playoff game in 14 years part!!

That running game was predicated on Carson Wentz throwing the ball. Let's take a look at the eagles when they had Foles at the helm like they will in the playoffs....

vs Giants- 108 yards rushing as a team (and one sack on defense)

vs Raiders-78 yards rushing as a team (and one sack on defense)

vs Cowboys- 70 yards rushing as a team (and one sack on defense)** Back up QB played most of the game

So the Eagles team as it heads into the playoffs does not run the ball and does not rush the passer well.

Man, the way Rams fans talk it is almost like they forgot they have been one of the three worst franchises in the NFL the past 15 years. And that is coming from someone who actually likes the Rams(My "second" team).

Really going to be curious how they act if they lose.

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

So the Eagles team as it heads into the playoffs does not run the ball and does not rush the passer well.

Saying the Eagles don't rush the passer well is ridiculous, and using the Cowboys game where we benched all of our starters as a barometer for anything is equally ridiculous. The Eagles can run the ball effectively but losing Wentz hurt the run game a lot. We used to use the pass to set up the run, now our passing threat isn't there. We still have talent at OL and RB though, so I think there is a shot they figure it out.

Realistically, the only team I think the Eagles should be favored against in the NFC is the Falcons.

List of teams I would want to see from most to least:

• Falcons
  • Panthers
  • Rams
  • Vikings
  • Saints

I think we can beat the Falcons. Our strengths matchup well vs their weaknesses. The Panthers would be favored, but our defense in Philly could hold them to a low scoring game which is what we need to do to win. The Rams have a rookie HC, a second year QB, and are one of the youngest teams in football. Gurley is great, but how would they play in the cold Philly weather vs one of the best front 7's in football? You can also run on them. Vikings are a better version of the Eagles and the Saints I want to see the least cause they are insanely balanced. Good defense, great run game and Brees at QB. They just matchup perfectly against an Eagles team without Wentz.

If our season wasn't ruined by injuries I am confident the Eagles would be the favorites in the NFC. Such is life though.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Eagles rushed for more yards than the Rams per carry and per game. #3 overall rush offense in the NFL. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Eagles can rush the passer. 

Please try again, thanks. 

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Man, the way Rams fans talk it is almost like they forgot they have been one of the three worst franchises in the NFL the past 15 years. And that is coming from someone who actually likes the Rams(My "second" team).

Really going to be curious how they act if they lose.

We have without a doubt been one of the worst franchises over the past 15 years, but I'm not getting souped over a Wild Card spot. I legitimately think this is a top 4 team in the NFL including the AFC and most sports analysts agree. And my overzealousness is tied to the fact that I am a diehard. I do not have a 2nd favorite team. Been riding with the Rams a long and I've seen imitations of a good team when Fisher started 4-1 or when Bradford came out his rookie year and went 8-8. This is not that. They are legit superbowl contenders with playmakers at every level.

If the Rams lose Sunday or don't win the Superbowl, I will be very upset. But I will be grateful these team is back to being a contender with one of the youngest teams in the league. The future is promising, but that doesn't mean that winning right now is not attainable.

4 minutes ago, 808 said:

Eagles rushed for more yards than the Rams per carry and per game. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Eagles can rush the passer. 

Please try again, thanks. 

When at full health, the Eagles were a better rushing teams than the Rams. I cannot argue that. They are not at full health in the playoffs and Nick Foles will not be able to keep 8 out of the box and that is what we are talking about.

Also, when your team is not playing with a lead like they were with Wentz, it is tough to A. run the ball as much. B. have your  D-line pin their ears back and go after the passer knowing the other team isn't going to run the ball. I take back adding the game against Dallas because you guys rested your starters. My apologies. The other two games where everyone played and Foles started are very telling though.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

My apologies.

You are forgiven. 

The other two games where everyone played and Foles started are very telling though.

*Two games and a quarter*

Let's not forget he came in the Rams game to start the 4th quarter down on the scoreboard, and won with help from the defense. 

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

You are forgiven. 

*Two games and a quarter*

Let's not forget he came in the Rams game to start the 4th quarter down on the scoreboard, and won with help from the defense. 

Yes, he did. And McVay accepted full responsibility for not feeding Gurley in the 4th which led to the sack and ultimate loss. (not to mention 0 holding calls on the Eagles in the first half, a BS pass interference on Alshon to extend a drive, and the most ridiculous taunting call I've ever seen). Hope to see the Eagles in the NFC championship game.

The only thing that would ever scare me in a playoff setting is an all time great defense. 1969 Chiefs, 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens 2002 Bucs those type of units on their own takeover playoffs and win championships with near certainty. There’s nothing like that in this postseason.

Archived