New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

Well Dan Campbell would be very interesting tbh. Interview makes sense.

Was a player for the Cowboys when Zimmer was coaching there. I'm sure he thinks a lot of him

Intern under Tony Sparano in Miami.

Some things link up there.

Being under Sean Payton, maybe he even learned a good bit more

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Darrell Bevell
Kevin Stefanski
Sean Ryan
Dan Campbell

Interviews that will be happening so far.

Dan Campbell...another former HC...although, it was only as an interim.  He was also one of the Cowboys' players when Zimmer was the DC there (although he was a TE) and was Sparano's TE coach in Miami.  

6 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Maybe a reason to avoid?

No.

I'd rather have good assistant coaches than coaches who are around for decades because they aren't good enough to be hired but aren't good enough to be fired. (and note: I'm not putting someone in this category who was 23 when he was hired, in case someone decides to twist what I said in that way).

I am also in the camp which believes coaches getting outside interest is a good thing.  Generally means the team and individual are doing good things.

Do we have any feel for the approach of Campbell or Ryan?  We have at least a bit of first-hand experience with Bevell and Stefanski.  Everyone is looking for the next McVay/Shanahan/Pederson type of mind.  My main concern is the new hire is flexible with scheme and personnel as needed.

As much as I love what Zimmer has done here, I hope he's open to opening up the offense. I don't think teams that kick FGs from the 1 yard line are the types of teams that will consistently win SBs. I really don't want Bevel......It was hard to be a fan of this team at times for me the past few years, I just don't agree with the HC on how the offense should be run. I hope they find someone that can improve this offense, though. That would be huge.

54 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If he leaves.... we may be looking at a new OC & QB Coach which would lead me to believe the team would choose to move on from Keenum. Also most likely going after a QB early in the draft.

"Depending on what goes down in Minnesota" being the key phrase in that tweet.

Archived