Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Barring Brady, how many QB's just came back from a knee injury to their plant leg with it having no psychological impact on their game?  I think people are quick to discount that because they want the easy narrative.

he isn't scared to run around and juke.... or plant the leg on a stiff arm

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And the Titans fans blame the route concepts... must be nice to be Marcus. Wish I could regress at my job and have everyone else blamed around me.

I figured out how to get away with this actually.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

he isn't scared to run around and juke.... or plant the leg on a stiff arm

his throwing footwork has gone to **** this year though. gotta imagine that's lingering effects of the injury/not having an offseason

Just now, Ragnarok said:

But it looks like more of a recognition thing that a hesitancy due to a knee injury thing.  

Reality is, it's very likely a combination of many things.  He's regressed - that's not all that uncommon or unrecoverable from for quarterbacks.  I think it's become trendy though to hate on guys (often times so that other guys can be propped up - deserving or not) so people look for the easy narrative.

Just now, The LBC said:

Reality is, it's very likely a combination of many things.  He's regressed - that's not all that uncommon or unrecoverable from for quarterbacks.  I think it's become trendy though to hate on guys (often times so that other guys can be propped up - deserving or not) so people look for the easy narrative.

I completely agree it's probably a combination.  It looks like he is forcing the ball when he wouldn't have last year.  

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

his throwing footwork has gone to **** this year though. gotta imagine that's lingering effects of the injury/not having an offseason

This is more what I was referring to.  Again, people read/hear "the knee is having residual effects on him" and because it's Mariota they want to immediately relate it to running.  Legs are freaking important to QB mechanics and mechanics are important to accuracy.

Archived