GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

I keep seeing one of our keys to win the game is to come out and establish the run, and I hope we don't try to do that. I hope we come out and try to establish the pass. Work on establishing the run later in the game when we have the lead and we need to kill some clock, and we've gotten some guys out of the box. Early on, we just need to score points, and the Patriots are going to game plan to stop us from establishing the run. 

I hope we come out with a quick passing game using west coast concepts and march right down the field.

Heard some crazy stat earlier today... The Pats are undefeated in the playoffs, something like 17-0 when the opposing team fails to rush the ball 26+. They're only 8-9 when the opponent rushes 26+ (including qb runs). 

If we can withstand the early barrage and keep up with them in the first half, I'm confident that Mariota and Henry can take the game over on the ground in the 2nd. If we're up or close at the half, we win this game.

At some point we have to stop being the nail and start being the HAMMER!!! 

Tonight is that night!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                      Hopefully!!:$

Archived