GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

No one is moving on from him. You're reading into nothing.

His injuries are a concern. Point. Blank. Period.

It doesn't matter how good he is if he's on the sidelines.

He's a active QB. Hes running around. Hes blocking. Hes catching TDs for ffs. 

I just want to know what QB that does what Marcus does isn't getting hurt? This is what happens when you have a mobile QB. Acting like hes injury prone cause most QBs dont get hurt every year is silly cause a lot of QBs aren't running like him. 

I'm okay with taking out the zone reads but Marcus running when things break down is who he is. 

What we need is a back up QB that can keep us a float when Marcus gets banged up

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Marcus is good enough as a passer to play in an offense that doesn't use zone read.

Find an offensive coach that can implement a real system so he doesn't have to keep running 5-6 times a game just so our offense isn't anemic and we'll be ok, and so will his legs.

Yeah if felt like Brady only had to make really 4-5 throws. The rest seemed system. Screens. Flips, slants...didn't have to push the ball to much. An offense that didn't rely on zone read would be cool. 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Outside of pulling muscles this year, the majority of his injuries have came in the pocket. This is the first time one of his injuries has came while running.

MEH I mean

Getting blasted by a unblocked rusher cause your RB is bad. Having a guy dive helmet 1st into your knee and a freak injury that breaks your leg (Even though he was trying to run)

I guess you can say hes injury prone. So I guess just stay concerned though it doesnt matter cause we're not moving on from Marcus any time soon.  We need a back up

6 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

MEH I mean

Getting blasted by a unblocked rusher cause your RB is bad. Having a guy dive helmet 1st into your knee and a freak injury that breaks your leg (Even though he was trying to run)

I guess you can say hes injury prone. So I guess just stay concerned though it doesnt matter cause we're not moving on from Marcus any time soon.  We need a back up

Do you think other franchise QBs don't see the occasional unblocked rusher. They all do, not all are injured every year. That's why he's injury prone.

And no one said we need to move on from him. It's too hard to replace his talent. 

But if we're 3 years down the line and he's still missing games every year that is an issue, because a better backup QB doesn't really do **** for you in the post-season.

Just now, TitanSS said:

And no one said we need to move on from him. It's too hard to replace his talent.

But if we're 3 years down the line and he's still missing games every year that is an issue, because a better backup QB doesn't really do **** for you in the post-season.

Maybe tonight no one said we need to. But people have posted through out this season we needed to move on from him because of this reason and because he "Sucks" and look at his INTs and blah blah blah.

But okay I guess I'll worry about it 3 years from now.

AND a better back up QB doesnt do **** for you in the postseason? I SEEM TO REMEMBER WATCHING PHILLY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME WITH THEIR BACK UP... TODAY. But you know what you're talking about

10 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

He's a active QB. Hes running around. Hes blocking. Hes catching TDs for ffs. 

I just want to know what QB that does what Marcus does isn't getting hurt? This is what happens when you have a mobile QB. Acting like hes injury prone cause most QBs dont get hurt every year is silly cause a lot of QBs aren't running like him. 

Russell Wilson hasn’t missed a start in his career. I don’t believe Kaep ever missed a game due to health issues.

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

Maybe tonight no one said we need to. But people have posted through out this season we needed to move on from him because of this reason and because he "Sucks" and look at his INTs and blah blah blah.

But okay I guess I'll worry about it 3 years from now.

AND a better back up QB doesnt do **** for you in the postseason? I SEEM TO REMEMBER WATCHING PHILLY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME WITH THEIR BACK UP... TODAY. But you know what you're talking about

Ok, yes. You can win with a backup QB in the playoffs if you have an elite defense, home field advantage and a strong run game. And they’ll still lose next week.

i don’t really get all the defensiveness. Marcus’ injuries are absolutely a concern.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Russell Wilson hasn’t missed a start in his career. I don’t believe Kaep ever missed a game due to health issues.

Russell is always hurt though... LOL

And Im not sure about Kaep. And I guess you can find a couple expectations to the rule with everything but the majority of running QBs get hurt.

Just now, VY-FTW said:

Russell is always hurt though... LOL

And Im not sure about Kaep. And I guess you can find a couple expectations to the rule with everything but the majority of running QBs get hurt.

Which is why we need to stop using him as a running QB  and ask him to be a pocket QB, which he's capable of being. Running an offense based on his ability to run when he sprains a hamstring or quad every other carry is a really stupid offense to run.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Which is why we need to stop using him as a running QB  and ask him to be a pocket QB, which he's capable of being. Running an offense based on his ability to run when he sprains a hamstring or quad every other carry is a really stupid offense to run.

I agree. I think Marcus is a great at throwing the ball at times. Needs to work on his deep ball but I don't think he needs to run to be a great QB

Archived