GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I didn’t even know Davis scored another TD. He looked good early but ofcourse we go away from what works.

I felt bad I seen one of the guys from the tailgate after the game, he’s from LA and was just crying poor guy and drunk. I was actually worried about him we exchanged numbers and stuff but he was so crushed by the loss. 

Some people are wayyyyyyyyyy too invested over a football game.

problem is, these dinosaur coaches think keeping 8 guys in to block protects mariota when it actually does the exact opposite by forcing him to either hang onto the ball for an eternity or run it when inevitably neither of his two receiving options gets open. it’s utterly idiotic. if we had anything even vaguely resembling a quick passing game or schemed guys open on a regular basis marcus wouldn’t be exposed to nearly as many hits as he is.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah, but honestly....I think he could miss a game every year and be banged up for 2-3 more and still be here for 8-9 more years.  They would just put more money in the backup. Marcus for 14 and half games would be a better option than a lot others.  Just have to hope he's healthy when we need him most or we have a better team around him, like McNair did...

Nah KT if he misses a game or two every year for the next 2-3 years we're gonna have to move on... and having a good back up doesn't matter in post season so it doesnt matter at all

x D

Just now, -Hope- said:

problem is, these dinosaur coaches think keeping 8 guys in to block protects mariota when it actually does the exact opposite by forcing him to either hang onto the ball for an eternity or run it when inevitably neither of his two receiving options gets open. it’s utterly idiotic. if we had anything even vaguely resembling a quick passing game or schemed guys open on a regular basis marcus wouldn’t be exposed to nearly as many hits as he is.

And this is why Mularkey needs to be fired this year. We managed to go to more spread formations and it helped, but why do we continue with the vertical passing game only? We leave in 7 or 8 to pass protect and Mariota gets stuck in a collapsing pocket with no one open. Happens all the time. It was very evident against the Chiefs last week when I was there and could actually see the field instead of just what the cameras show on TV.

like, i really badly wanted to have goodwill toward mularkey after the chiefs game but we went right back to literally everything that didn’t work today. if that isn’t evidence that the guy will never learn, i don’t know what is.

3 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

I really feel like Casey and Jones would cause a lot of problems for Olines in a 4-3

In a way, I think we do play a lot of 4-3 looks. I know it's not a pure 3-4.
But a philosophy change along the line would make a difference.
lol

I don't know what this team needs. I feel lost..lol

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

like, i really badly wanted to have goodwill toward mularkey after the chiefs game but we went right back to literally everything that didn’t work today. if that isn’t evidence that the guy will never learn, i don’t know what is.

It did feel like we did the opposite of everything we needed to do on both sides of the ball.

We were playing the pats and it looked like the same damn gameplan we would come out using against the Browns or something. Just really weird.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

In a way, I think we do play a lot of 4-3 looks. I know it's not a pure 3-4.
But a philosophy change along the line would make a difference.
lol

I don't know what this team needs. I feel lost..lol

I mean we need something to take the defense to the next level and it feels like we have some real talent out there but we aren't using it right or something. IDK 

This sucks lol

4 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

It did feel like we did the opposite of everything we needed to do on both sides of the ball.

We were playing the pats and it looked like the same damn gameplan we would come out using against the Browns or something. Just really weird.

We couldn't run the ball. We didn't get to the QB. We didn't control the line of scrimmage.

Those are things we had to do in order to win. And we did none of it. 

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Exactly. Didn't run any of the no huddle offense when the game was still within reach. I sat there pretty dumbfounded at our offensive gameplan if we can even call it that, but I guess that's my own fault for believing Mularkey was capable of actually sticking with a formula that had our offense rolling.

6 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

it’s not weird at all. it’s what we do literally every week.

Archived