GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Which is why we need to stop using him as a running QB  and ask him to be a pocket QB, which he's capable of being. Running an offense based on his ability to run when he sprains a hamstring or quad every other carry is a really stupid offense to run.

his injuries prior to this season all came in the pocket

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Ok, yes. You can win with a backup QB in the playoffs if you have an elite defense, home field advantage and a strong run game. And they’ll still lose next week.

i don’t really get all the defensiveness. Marcus’ injuries are absolutely a concern.

Doesn't concern me, because he wasn't the reason we lost, in my mind.

Offense scheme re-do makes it where he can make plays from the pocket, like he has proven he can. Instead of having to exert himself with those running plays. An offense that allows for quick decisions to get the ball out....rather than hold it waiting on routes to open up.

8 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Maybe tonight no one said we need to. But people have posted through out this season we needed to move on from him because of this reason and because he "Sucks" and look at his INTs and blah blah blah.

But okay I guess I'll worry about it 3 years from now.

AND a better back up QB doesnt do **** for you in the postseason? I SEEM TO REMEMBER WATCHING PHILLY WIN A PLAYOFF GAME WITH THEIR BACK UP... TODAY. But you know what you're talking about

And how great was Foles today? If it wasn't for their defense they lose. Foles first pass literally looked like it was punted.

They asked Foles to do next to nothing, and he did just that, nothing. So yes, I do know what I'm talking about. They're not hosting the Saints and beating Drew Brees with Nick Foles, especially if Foles has to throw the  ball.

Edit: And I have seen one person claim that Mariota sucks and we need to move on. I'm pretty sure he was doing it last year too. Learn to separate the trolls from the legitimate arguments.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

On freak plays, yes. Not him pulling or spraining something running down a field.

i mean, sure, but how many "freak plays" have to happen for them to no longer be considered freak plays?

on balance i do agree that an offensive system will do a world of good because we will ideally abandon these ungodly stupid long-developing pass plays we constantly run that lead to him just getting walloped in the pocket- but i'm not sold on totally abandoning the read option.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Doesn't concern me, because he wasn't the reason we lost, in my mind.

Offense scheme re-do makes it where he can make plays from the pocket, like he has proven he can. Instead of having to exert himself with those running plays. An offense that allows for quick decisions to get the ball out....rather than hold it waiting on routes to open up.

But in the future, like in years 1 and 2 when he can't even start in week 17, he could be the reason we lose simply by not being on the field.

Just because it wasn't a concern today, doesn't make it a non-issue tomorrow.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i mean, sure, but how many "freak plays" have to happen for them to no longer be considered freak plays?

on balance i do agree that an offensive system will do a world of good because we will ideally abandon these ungodly stupid long-developing pass plays we constantly run that lead to him just getting walloped in the pocket- but i'm not sold on totally abandoning the read option.

He had a 300+ pound guy fall awkwardly on his leg and took a helmet to the knee. Dunno how else to describe those. He hasn't got hurt standing in the pocket all year this year, and didn't last year until having a huge guy fall on his leg awkwardly. Not concerned about his health in the pocket. When he sprains/pulls stuff multiple times while running and no contact, it concerns me.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

But in the future, like in years 1 and 2 when he can't even start in week 17, he could be the reason we lose simply by not being on the field.

Just because it wasn't a concern today, doesn't make it a non-issue tomorrow.

True, I just don't think it's a concern for the team, not even remotely to the point that they would address it seriously.  

Man tonight sucked. The tailgate was a lot of fun but I hate the Pats and there fans and our coaches and our rookies and Trawick.

Marcus needs some help around him bad. I think we need new coordinators on both sides.

Didnt think we would just wish we stayed competitive but we had a heck of a season a lot of ups and downs but this team has a lot of work to do

Just now, KingTitan said:

Don't matter. 
I know we lost and we looking for things....

Marcus is going to be here for at least 3 more years, especially after this playoff run.  They not going to address the position with a high pick with him in the saddle.

Absolutely. I'm not really sure why we're on the topic, it had nothing to do with today or even our offensive failures this season, that's on Robiskie and Mularkey.

I guess it technically isn't a reason for concern, simply because we could go down this path for 2-3 more years and not even consider doing anything because good QBs are so hard to replace, but it is cause for concern if this is a pattern that repeats every season of his career.

Just now, TitanSS said:

Absolutely. I'm not really sure why we're on the topic, it had nothing to do with today or even our offensive failures this season, that's on Robiskie and Mularkey.

I guess it technically isn't a reason for concern, simply because we could go down this path for 2-3 more years and not even consider doing anything because good QBs are so hard to replace, but it is cause for concern if this is a pattern that repeats every season of his career.

Yeah, but honestly....I think he could miss a game every year and be banged up for 2-3 more and still be here for 8-9 more years.  They would just put more money in the backup. Marcus for 14 and half games would be a better option than a lot others.  Just have to hope he's healthy when we need him most or we have a better team around him, like McNair did...

I didn’t even know Davis scored another TD. He looked good early but ofcourse we go away from what works.

I felt bad I seen one of the guys from the tailgate after the game, he’s from LA and was just crying poor guy and drunk. I was actually worried about him we exchanged numbers and stuff but he was so crushed by the loss. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Yeah, but honestly....I think he could miss a game every year and be banged up for 2-3 more and still be here for 8-9 more years.  They would just put more money in the backup. Marcus for 14 and half games would be a better option than a lot others.  Just have to hope he's healthy when we need him most or we have a better team around him, like McNair did...

Right. Even if he is injured often enough that you consider it an issue that you would like to move on from, who do you move on to? Especially considering having him is likely going to at least keep us near .500 every year, finding a replacement worth taking a shot on would be damn near impossible. We would have to see a considerable drop in talent from him to ever find someone talented enough to actually replace him.

Archived