GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, ILoveTheVikings said:

Favre. He got concussed, nearly had his ankle broken and his hamstring was hanging on by a thread. Later he said it was the most violent game he's had in his career.

And who knows, if Favre's ankle wasn't hanging on a thread he might have ran in to get in field goal range rather then throw it. Or maybe if Favre didn't get concussed he might seen things a bit clearer

Maybe if your OL blocked he wouldn't have gotten concussed.

21 hours ago, Raves said:

Who did the Saints intentionally injure in that game?  Point it out.  The closest is the one hit which was barely late when you slow it down that cna be considered an illegal hit.  Nothing else got flagged for it, so obviously they must've done a horrible job at trying to injure the Vikings.

I think the majority of the hits on Favre were good clean football plays. But lets not forget Bobby McCray who was fined by the NFL for 2 hits one of which was uncalled in the game. Both of McCrays hits very easily could be said were cheap shots and one of them is what ultimately injured Favres ankle and changed the game.

37 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Favre. He got concussed, nearly had his ankle broken and his hamstring was hanging on by a thread. Later he said it was the most violent game he's had in his career.

And who knows, if Favre's ankle wasn't hanging on a thread he might have ran in to get in field goal range rather then throw it. Or maybe if Favre didn't get concussed he might seen things a bit clearer

Favre has the gunslinger mentality his entire career. He always believed he could fit the ball into a tight window. That's just who he was.

42 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

This topic has been debated ad nauseam. There's 0 proof that Saints players were ever intentionally trying to injure other players. 

Pretty sure guys get concussions in football all the time.

Also pretty sure that Favre's pullled hamstring wasn't of the Saints doing. (Unless the Saints put him on a medieval torture rack I'm unaware of, in which case, dilly dilly)

And the ankle, well, again, guys get hurt in football all the time. So, no. Try again. 

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

What was the bad reffing? A couple things I thought were questionable favoring the saints. What favored the Vikings? 

The only one that really stood out to me was the PI in the first qtr on third down that put the Vikings on the 6. Both guys were looking back for the ball bumping into one another, Vikings player falls down and gets PI. 

8 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

The only one that really stood out to me was the PI in the first qtr on third down that put the Vikings on the 6. Both guys were looking back for the ball bumping into one another, Vikings player falls down and gets PI. 

The one where Diggs was grabbing Crawley's arm?

20 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

This topic has been debated ad nauseam. There's 0 proof that Saints players were ever intentionally trying to injure other players. 

Pretty sure guys get concussions in football all the time.

Also pretty sure that Favre's pullled hamstring wasn't of the Saints doing. (Unless the Saints put him on a medieval torture rack I'm unaware of, in which case, dilly dilly)

And the ankle, well, again, guys get hurt in football all the time. So, no. Try again. 

Other than the bounty gate? 

13 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Yeah that one probably could have been a no call. I thought someone hit Theilan early once that wasn't called. When they did call it he made a heck of a catch

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yeah that one probably could have been a no call. I thought someone hit Theilan early once that wasn't called. When they did call it he made a heck of a catch

In the 4th quarter. the play before the blocked punt.  Lattimore hit Thielen early.  The pass was high, but he was hit early. 

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

There was at least one bad PI call that favored the Vikings.

Also a misses neutral zone penalty on the Vikings near the end of the game on 3rd and one. I think they also missed an another neutral zone or offside penalty early in the game as well, but I'm not sure. If they're going to call a penalty on us for not being set to negate a touchdown then they have to call the neutral zone penalty. I also think there was another iffy DPI call on someone in the game.

Anyways, none of that matters now. The refs have been terrible all season in the NFL. They really need to find a way to fix that next season.

58 minutes ago, PeteyPercyPonde said:

In the 4th quarter. the play before the blocked punt.  Lattimore hit Thielen early.  The pass was high, but he was hit early. 

With instant replay everything looks early.

Archived