GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I know the background...I dont understand changing the spelling of a word because of how you pronounce it. They could say Skol and still write it as Skal, a bunch of people I know thought it had something to do with chewing tobacco lol

That's one of the basis for etymology.

It's actually really fascinating.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

On the plus side...does this mean Vikings fans will stop complaining about 2009? This seems like fair redemption.

If we win the Superb Owl you'll never hear another peep. Just like the Seahawks fans about 2005 after their SB win.

8 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

At the stadium there was some chatter about it after the game on the way out, I was on the other side of the stadium so I never saw it. Sounds like after the game some fans were mocking him and he was dropping "F-Bombs" towards them.

Just saw this

DTohkrEV4AAe-0P.jpg:large

What a prick.

file.php?id=728

18 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Just saw this

DTohkrEV4AAe-0P.jpg:large

What a prick.

file.php?id=728

Any thought to what fans were probably yelling at him/the team during the game? Yeah that's messed up to do, but you don't know the stuff the fans probably yelled at them the whole game. Just sayin' that there are two sides to this.

Take your win. Be happy.

25 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

If we win the Superb Owl you'll never hear another peep. Just like the Seahawks fans about 2005 after their SB win.

So if you don't win the Superbowl we still have to hear about 2009? :|

6 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Any thought to what fans were probably yelling at him/the team during the game? Yeah that's messed up to do, but you don't know the stuff the fans probably yelled at them the whole game. Just sayin' that there is two sides to this.

Take your win. Be happy.

While I agree 100% that there are two sides and the Vikings fans were probably yelling down on the sideline...I would expect a degree of class from a HC.  

Fans will be fans and as a player or coach, you should be mature enough to understand and expect that, especially on the road..  But a HC should be held to a higher standard.

And as to why they should be held to that higher standard....1.  Either your team is winning and you are more focused on talking trash instead of maintaining your lead or 2.  your team is losing and you are too immature to handle that.  Neither of which is anything close to acceptable.  Maybe if Payton had been more focused on the game than trolling, he would have made that one tiny adjustment or comment to Marcus that would have made the difference.

Trolling after you have actually won is sad, but trolling before the game is over is honestly indicative of an inability to lead or manage or control your emotions.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

While I agree 100% that there are two sides and the Vikings fans were probably yelling down on the sideline...I would expect a degree of class from a HC.  

Fans will be fans and as a player or coach, you should be mature enough to understand and expect that, especially on the road..  But a HC should be held to a higher standard.

While a agree that a HC should be held to a higher standard, you can't just expect a human being to stand there and get insulted all game (which is generally how it goes in the NFL). Sean probably should have held his emotions in check, but we've seen multiple occasions this season where he struggles to do that.

Maybe he needs to meditate or something. He gets too emotional a lot.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And as to why they should be held to that higher standard....1.  Either your team is winning and you are more focused on talking trash instead of maintaining your lead or 2.  your team is losing and you are too immature to handle that.  Neither of which is anything close to acceptable.  Maybe if Payton had been more focused on the game than trolling, he would have made that one tiny adjustment or comment to Marcus that would have made the difference.

Trolling after you have actually won is sad, but trolling before the game is over is honestly indicative of an inability to lead or manage or control your emotions.

the comment to Marcus Williams when he called the TO and pulled the DBs to the side is probably what caused him to miss the tackle that he makes 99/100 times.  You have to know that he said "Don't get called for a PI and don't let them get out of bounds."  Marcus got there early, saw it, and he tried to duck under Diggs to not draw the PI and ended up just being an overall snowball effect.

14 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

While a agree that a HC should be held to a higher standard, you can't just expect a human being to stand there and get insulted all game (which is generally how it goes in the NFL). Sean probably should have held his emotions in check, but we've seen multiple occasions this season where he struggles to do that.

Maybe he needs to meditate or something. He gets too emotional a lot.

Yes you can.  I don't think it's a lot to demand self control from your HC.  Regardless of the situation.  A HC should at the minimum have the self control to not need to troll everyday fans when he is on the road.  ESPECIALLY before he has actually won the game.   

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Yes you can.  I don't think it's a lot to demand self control from your HC.  Regardless of the situation.  A HC should at the minimum have the self control to not need to troll everyday fans when he is on the road.  ESPECIALLY before he has actually won the game.   

Sean doesn't know how to hold his emotions in check though. Haha

Yeah, he should be held to a higher standard, but I'm just saying that him doing that in retaliation makes it understandable.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

the comment to Marcus Williams when he called the TO and pulled the DBs to the side is probably what caused him to miss the tackle that he makes 99/100 times.  You have to know that he said "Don't get called for a PI and don't let them get out of bounds."  Marcus got there early, saw it, and he tried to duck under Diggs to not draw the PI and ended up just being an overall snowball effect.

This misses the overall point that I can think of absolutely zero reason any good HC would focus on anything other than winning a game before that game had been won.  

And also, no, you don't have to know that he said that.  Because giving up a PI is always preferable to giving up a TD if you need to commit PI.  So that would have just been bad coaching.  And letting them get out of bounds would have been preferable to giving up a TD.  So either Payton didn't think giving up a TD was a possibility(which would be horrifyingly awful) or he thought a TD would be preferable to getting them out of bounds or taking a PI(just as horrifyingly awful).  

Just now, JMG5 said:

Sean doesn't know how to hold his emotions in check though. Haha

Evidently not.  And it's a disgraceful look for him.

Archived