GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

29 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Can someone explain why the Vikings took Skal and just decided to turn it into Skol? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

It is the team's Viking war chant and comes from the Swedish, Danish and Noreigian word "Skål." A Skål was a bowl that was often filled with beer and shared among friends so the word became a way of saying "Cheers!"

The way that word is pronounced is Skol.  Come on man.  Basic linguistics.

Pronounced like scauld without the D, scaul.

I know this because I looked it up in the hopes I could mock Vikings fans about it.  

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It is the team's Viking war chant and comes from the Swedish, Danish and Noreigian word "Skål." A Skål was a bowl that was often filled with beer and shared among friends so the word became a way of saying "Cheers!"

I know this because I looked it up in the hopes I could mock Vikings fans about it.  

imp-skclc.jpg

15 minutes ago, Starless said:

The Vikings better have a team song and it better be "Shores In Flames" by Bathory.

Not at all, the closest thing I can think of is that "We Come in the Name of the Purple and Gold" by The Resting Soul Formerly Known as Prince.

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

Not at all, the closest thing I can think of is that "We Come in the Name of the Purple and Gold" by The Resting Soul Formerly Known as Prince.

It's a good song but it doesn't really feel like a football song to me. Not like this 11-minute Nordic metal epic

48 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I know the background...I dont understand changing the spelling of a word because of how you pronounce it. They could say Skol and still write it as Skal, a bunch of people I know thought it had something to do with chewing tobacco lol

Archived