GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

6 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I don't think it played a big part in that game at all. Just like a Saints fan said earlier, 2011 was the same type of game for the Saints. They committed a bunch of turnovers and lost at the last second because they couldn't overcome the mistakes. If they don't make those turnovers then the game is a blowout. 

You've also had a former coach come out and say that the Vikings had the same gameplay versus Brees. Hit him as often as possible and hit him hard. Were the hits late by today's standards, yes, but did those hits all of a sudden make Brett Farve throw that pass near the end of the game? Hell no. Brett had done that his whole career. It just so happened to be the worst possible time for him to do it again.

See I never said it played a big part either, but it played a factor that was bigger then zero.

4 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Ya, you're right. Intentionally injuring the other team has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of the game.

Who did the Saints intentionally injure in that game?  Point it out.  The closest is the one hit which was barely late when you slow it down that cna be considered an illegal hit.  Nothing else got flagged for it, so obviously they must've done a horrible job at trying to injure the Vikings.

1 hour ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

See I never said it played a big part either, but it played a factor that was bigger then zero.

99.9% chance Vikings win that game without committing 5 turnovers.  Their own poor play caused most of them.  And it could have easily been 10+ fumbles, and they got lucky they were able to recover most of the fumbles they lost.  

8 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Ya, you're right. Intentionally injuring the other team has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of the game.

Oh excuse me, who got injured in that game for the Vikings? Favre got beat up but never left the game. The Vikings had 5 fumbles and 2 INTs. That's why they lost, not because Gregg Williams paid defensive players an extra $100 for a sack.

4 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Oh excuse me, who got injured in that game for the Vikings? Favre got beat up but never left the game. The Vikings had 5 fumbles and 2 INTs. That's why they lost, not because Gregg Williams paid defensive players an extra $100 for a sack.

It will never stop. Was hoping maybe this game would let them move on but some still want to discuss it. Bountygate does not give a competitive advantage. Unless you think that if they're not getting benefits for it that we're just gonna gently set the QB down instead. Bounties or no bounties, Favre was getting destroyed that game. Payton's teams always have an aggressive defense filled with blitzing and attacking the hell out of the QB to force him to make mistakes. That's exactly what happened. Bountygate had no impact. Disagree with it morally? Then whatever, that's fine. 

That Saints team actually had the least amount of opponent injuries during that timeframe. Some bounties those were, right?

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I live in MN so I know that not all Vikings fans are like the ones represented on this forum. And I have to constantly remind myself of that to prevent myself from absolutely hating the Vikings. But I have to admit that it’s tough. 

Lol so much truth in this statement!

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It will never stop. Was hoping maybe this game would let them move on but some still want to discuss it. Bountygate does not give a competitive advantage. Unless you think that if they're not getting benefits for it that we're just gonna gently set the QB down instead. Bounties or no bounties, Favre was getting destroyed that game. Payton's teams always have an aggressive defense filled with blitzing and attacking the hell out of the QB to force him to make mistakes. That's exactly what happened. Bountygate had no impact. Disagree with it morally? Then whatever, that's fine. 

That Saints team actually had the least amount of opponent injuries during that timeframe. Some bounties those were, right?

Why are saints fans so"salty" about viking fans not getting over it? 

The play that "injured" Favre was an interception and should have been called back. That's on the refs though

This game helped but a super bowl win will forgive a lot

26 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The play that "injured" Favre was an interception and should have been called back. That's on the refs though

A Super Bowl loss for the Vikings would make ME feel better though, so I'm gonna go with that lol

46 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Honestly you got your revenge.  This game game didn't exactly feature the greatest reffing either, and we lost on a miracle play from the most boneheaded tackle attempt of all time, while you lost from the most boneheaded interception of all time(immediately preceded by the dumbest 12 man penalty of all time).

22 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

A Super Bowl loss for the Vikings would make ME feel better though, so I'm gonna go with that lol

I'm torn on this. I want the Vikings to win it all, but at the same time I don't.

I'm fine with any of the final four teams winning it all though. Good luck to the Vikings, and everyone else, going forward.

17 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Honestly you got your revenge.  This game game didn't exactly feature the greatest reffing either, and we lost on a miracle play from the most boneheaded tackle attempt of all time, while you lost from the most boneheaded interception of all time(immediately preceded by the dumbest 12 man penalty of all time).

What was the bad reffing? A couple things I thought were questionable favoring the saints. What favored the Vikings? 

20 hours ago, Raves said:

Who did the Saints intentionally injure in that game?  Point it out.  The closest is the one hit which was barely late when you slow it down that cna be considered an illegal hit.  Nothing else got flagged for it, so obviously they must've done a horrible job at trying to injure the Vikings.

Favre. He got concussed, nearly had his ankle broken and his hamstring was hanging on by a thread. Later he said it was the most violent game he's had in his career.

And who knows, if Favre's ankle wasn't hanging on a thread he might have ran in to get in field goal range rather then throw it. Or maybe if Favre didn't get concussed he might seen things a bit clearer

Archived