GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

3 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I really don't know what your point is.  I never said anything about Foles being equal or even close to Wentz.

But unless you want to be obnoxious and argue for no reason, you agree with me.  The Eagles repeatedly shot themselves in the foot all night and that reason IN THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCE is why.

That's like if the Patriots lose tonight, Brady throws fifteen interceptions and Mariota throws for 30 touchdowns, me trying to whine that the Patriots only lost because we don't have Edelman healthy.  

Most teams don't play perfect games.  The point that I'm not sure how you are missing is that those errors are a lot less eye-catching if they had their MVP candidate at the most important position they probably put up more offense and the game isn't as close.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

they did but respect the win. EVERYONE counted us out

That's a damn lie, a lot of people still believed the Eagles would win off their home field advantage, their talent as a team, and the ability of the Falcons to blow leads.

Good game anyways. Eagles hung in there tough against a quality opponent. Foles had a nice second half and the run game got going. The Falcons lost, but they were in it right to the very end. They crumbled in the red zone, but that shouldn't be an indictment on their overall play as a unit today. Julio slipping on the final play was just a bonkers outcome. Matt Ryan shouldn't be called a choker though because of it. 

3 minutes ago, whitehops said:

it really sucks for atlanta that jones slipped on that fourth down, that was a likely TD if he didn't. they went all-in on that play call in getting the ball to jones and the one thing that couldn't happen for them to fail did. if the play went right ryan rolled out and had a clear throw to jones (no quick pressure from the defensive line, no need to worry about underneath coverage) and jones likely would've boxed out the DB for a catch. people were slipping all day but it sucks it happened to julio on that play.

the eagles definitely deserved to win, their offensive line gets the MVP (obviously their defense was great but that was expected). despite atlanta selling out to stop the run the eagles could run the ball just enough to keep drives alive and play the field position game.

Steve Sarkisian should've known better than to put his team's season on the line with a Red Zone throw to Julio Jones. Julio has done nothing in his career to indicate he's the person you go to in that situation.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

How about you just credit the Eagles for pulling out a W most didn't see coming?

Foles played meh in the 1H - but frankly, he made all the plays they needed him to - their failure to get TD's was more on Pederson's inexplicable FREAKING love of Legarrette Blount in the RZ.   Sure, he got the 4th down TD in the 1H, but frankly, his mother could have walked that one in.   Every other run inside the 5, he was a complete liability compared to using Ajaui.   If the Eagles lost, Pederson should have been rightfully skewered on going with Blount.  The best thing Roseman can do is make sure Blount isn't on the roster next year, to save Pederson from himself here.     

Otherwise, give full credit to the PHI D - they came up huge.   Eagles won this despite the fact they had 2 key TO's that led to ATL's 10 points.   The D, OL and Foles, all deserve credit here.   Maybe he's not good enough to lead them to victory against the NO-MIN winner, but he was good enough this week, and he certainly did his share.  Give him that.

At least someone here is using their head!

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I'm just being sarcastic. The ones picking Minnesota and Philly to lose said it was because of their lack of playoff experience. People like Lorenzo Alexander.

Those people are silly.  You never bet against defenses as good as those, regardless of who is at QB, or any kind of experience anyone has.  Especially when those teams are at home.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Those people are silly.  You never bet against defenses as good as those, regardless of who is at QB, or any kind of experience anyone has.  Especially when those teams are at home.

I know. Im just venting. Brees is an incredible QB and should not be taken lightly but it just seemed that these shows....especially the local sports shows were taking the Vikings defense for granted.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Steve Sarkisian should've known better than to put his team's season on the line with a Red Zone throw to Julio Jones. Julio has done nothing in his career to indicate he's the person you go to in that situation.

to be fair the eagles had been single covering julio a bunch and that's a matchup you have to like.

Archived