GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

7 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So, with 1 second on the clock the only possible way for the Steelers to win in this situation was to force a proper fumble and score with the fumble, correct?

The Steelers definitely thought so.

But no. An onside kick would've worked just fine. Clock never starts if the kicking team recovers.

ARTICLE 1. FREE KICK DOWN

The game clock operator shall start the game clock (time in) after a free kick when the ball is legally touched in the field of play. The game clock shall not start if:

1. the receiving team recovers the ball in the end zone and does not carry the ball into the field of play
  2. the kicking team recovers the ball in the field of play
  3. the receiving team signals for and makes a fair catch.

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

Does Tomlin not understand basic math? Why did they let the clock run down to the two min warning rather than use TOs beforehand? Cost themselves valuable seconds to even have a chance.

No he doesn't tbh. There is no excuse for bad clock management. It's probably the one thing that any random fan COULD do better than some coaches because it involves very little football knowledge.

Just now, iPwn said:

Did you become a Pats fan? 

No dude, I'm salty af right now and taking it out on you guys because you're too excited (and took to much trash talk before today) to be humble about it. I'll be over it in a day or so, I'll probably be cheering with you next week.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

(and took to much trash talk before today) to be humble about it.

Who talked trash from our fan base? Literally all we did was argue against the idea that we had no chance to win. Every single one of us admitted you deserved to be the favorite in this game, but that we deserved to be treated like a legitimate threat.

Just now, iPwn said:

Who talked trash from our fan base? Literally all we did was argue against the idea that we had no chance to win. Every single one of us admitted you deserved to be the favorite in this game, but that we deserved to be treated like a legitimate threat.

TOOK too much trash talk. As in, yall received it. I wouldn't be acting humble either.

Just now, iPwn said:

The guy posting links to our season-by-season history and a List of Super Bowl Champions is trying to teach us about humility?

Archived