GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

7 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

The Steelers should thank the Jaguars, the Jags just saved them from another embarrassment against the Patriots in Foxboro, 

People can troll the Steelers all they want but the fans as a majority have not disrespected anyone. The Steelers are not currently built defensively to win championships. No excuses, Jags won, played better. Pats fans already believe they won the SB. (Some of you)

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

People can troll the Steelers all they want but the fans as a majority have not disrespected anyone. The Steelers are not currently built defensively to win championships. No excuses, Jags won, played better. Pats fans already believe they won the SB. (Some of you)

To be fair, the Steelers players kinda brought this on themselves. No disrespect to the fanbase, you were way more reasoned than the players were....which is kinda Lesson 1 in Playoff Prep 101...no need to add fuel to the other team's fire.

I am SO GLAD the Jaguars are giving the Steelers hell for talking about the Patriots.  I now love Malik Jackson.

Coach [Doug Marrone] told us about that this morning.  It's disrespectful. It's stupid as f---, to be honest with you. You don't give a team that came in here and smacked you in the mouth ammo to come out here and just be on you all day. We're bullies. We don't need to say we're bullies. We don't need to talk like we're bullies. We're not going to tell you what we're going to do. We're just going to smack you in the mouth, just like we did today.

They talked. They said they were going to do this. They didn't do anything. They're waiting for the teacher to come break everything up. We stood there, and we smacked them in the mouth. We gave them what they wanted. They wanted us. We gave them what they wanted. Now look at them. They're pissed that they called us out.

It's not [Steelers-Patriots in the AFC title game], but can you please ask them to give us the game tape they were watching to prepare for them so that we can use it and get better?  Just give us their notes. We can really use them.

For us, it wasn't about getting into talking matches, trying to fight them, trying to do anything. We're just trying to let the clock run out and go home while they go home and prepare for New England that they'll get to play next week in imaginary land.

-Malik Jackson

And even as a Titans fan I'm glad he called out Jurrell Casey.  Don't be calling out Bortles when he outplayed your QB all season, Casey.

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, the Steelers players kinda brought this on themselves. No disrespect to the fanbase, you were way more reasoned than the players were....which is kinda Lesson 1 in Playoff Prep 101...no need to add fuel to the other team's fire.

Outside of all the garbage the widely disliked Mike Mitchell said, what were all the unreasonable things Steelers players said?

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Outside of all the garbage the widely disliked Mike Mitchell said, what were all the unreasonable things Steelers players said?

Mitchell for sure is a loudmouth - but instead of toning it down, Bell just added fuel to the fire by guaranteeing a W.   Are you really going to try to pin this on just Mitchell?  Pitt's pre-game silence in response to Mitchell and then Bell's response sent a very clear message to Jax and everyone else.   Which is fine if you win - lose, and they deserve all the heat they get.  At least guys like Decastro owned it after - but either way, the heat is warranted if you can't back up statements like that.

P.S.  I loved Mitchell's tirade about JuJu's suspension and the NFL - spot on.  But he dug himself a big hole by adding fuel to the fire, and instead of toning it down, Bell went with the guarantee-victory card.   Add in Tomlin's talking about the importance AFCG in November of NE-PIT playing 2x (which by itself would have been mostly benign as he did qualify "if we do what we're supposed to"), kind of hard not to conclude PIT was looking past JAX all the way.

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Kind of strange that Ramsey would say they’re going to the SB and that they’re going to win that too, after a bunch of his team mates went off about getting counted out. 

Ramsey is passionate though and doesn’t really come off as the type of guy who’d think a statement through. Chalk this one up to hype after a big win.

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Mitchell for sure is a loudmouth - but instead of toning it down, Bell just added fuel to the fire by guaranteeing a W.   Are you really going to try to pin this on just Mitchell?  Pitt's pre-game silence in response to Mitchell and then Bell's response sent a very clear message to Jax and everyone else.   Which is fine if you win - lose, and they deserve all the heat they get.  At least guys like Decastro owned it after - but either way, the heat is warranted if you can't back up statements like that.

P.S.  I loved Mitchell's tirade about JuJu's suspension and the NFL - spot on.  But he dug himself a big hole by adding fuel to the fire, and instead of toning it down, Bell went with the guarantee-victory card.   Add in Tomlin's talking about the importance AFCG in November of NE-PIT playing 2x (which by itself would have been mostly benign as he did qualify "if we do what we're supposed to"), kind of hard not to conclude PIT was looking past JAX all the way.

Im not pinning anything on Mitchell.   I just said he is a loudmouth idiot, and he doesnt back up his talk on the field.

Bell is an idiot too.   Almost kind of glad he will likely be gone this offseason.   Miss his talent....but he has made stupid comments all year....including mentioned how he will retire if he is tagged again the week of prepping for an important playoff game.

My main issue with your logic comes when you say "Pittsburgh's silence to Mitchell and Bell".   Are you kidding me?    They are grown men.    I love this notion that some fans have that these GROWN MEN need to be babysat, and if they mess up or say something stupid, its a direct reflection on the entire team or the head coach.      No....thats just stupid.   They are individuals.     Society as a whole is getting into a dangerous trend of demonizing groups based on one persons actions as opposed to looking at each individual and holding THEM accountable.

Did the Steelers, as a whole, look ahead?   I dont know.   Seemed to be like they just werent prepared for what the Jags threw at them early in the game.   Kind of reminded me of the 2005 Playoffs when the Steelers did something similar to the Colts and jumped out to an early 14-0 lead that the Colts never really bounced back from.     There were alot of poor decisions and bad performances yesterday....but was it because they "looked ahead"?     I cant say since I wasnt in the locker room. 

Either way, this notion that the Steelers team as a whole were being unreasonable based on the comments of two players who are known for having big mouths is silly.    

Archived