2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Versatility matters .. my guy Edmunds would be a terrific fit in GB.

I'm coming around from what I've read. Interestingly, some think he may not even be able to play in the middle (bulk issues). But especially on passing downs, at least it won't be foreign to him

At 136 pages I am sure I have missed this discussion, but what of Equanimeous St. Brown if he makes it to our 2nd pick? He is big and not slow and deemed to be an excellent route runner. Do we need another big target? Do we need a physical receiver. Do we need vertical speed? Will any receiver with good hands of any frame or weight be fine as long as he can pick up the offense and be where he is supposed to be?

I kind of hope we just use FA to get our other wide receiver and not have to worry about a WR in round 1 or 2. This doesn't seem like the year for it anyway.

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

At 136 pages I am sure I have missed this discussion, but what of Equanimeous St. Brown if he makes it to our 2nd pick? He is big and not slow and deemed to be an excellent route runner. Do we need another big target? Do we need a physical receiver. Do we need vertical speed? Will any receiver with good hands of any frame or weight be fine as long as he can pick up the offense and be where he is supposed to be?

I kind of hope we just use FA to get our other wide receiver and not have to worry about a WR in round 1 or 2. This doesn't seem like the year for it anyway.

I'd personally like another physical receiver, but the big complaint is that we don't have speed along the edges. Personally, I'd rather wait until the 3rd and grab Cedrick Wilson if his 40 time checks out. He's used to a pass happy offense and can negotiate his way through traffic if need be.

Has anybody had a good look on Taven Bryan? I've only had limited views and 3rd party reports. Most people have him somewhere late 1st - mid 2nd, but I brought it up cause Lance Zierlein has him surprisingly high on NFL.com - ahead of the likes of Rosen, Landry, Ward. Could he be a interior pass rusher for us?

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

It seems to me Harold Landry is pretty underrated as a prospect. Would love him at #14. 

Disregarding free agency, I wouldn't mind using 2-3 of our top picks on pass rushers, we're in that much need of players there IMO. 

If there is value there, I'm all for it. Or if we can land an EDGE at 14, then wait for a guy like Kentavius Street or Andrew Brown a little later. Both seem like plus athletes. 

8 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

So basically the Edmunds argument at 14 is exactly what I argued for Jefferson for in the second round then. Alright. 

Right and those of us who think “projecting” Jefferson as an EDGE at 14 is just as crazy as Edmunds. Both are pure projections at this point since neither one plays there. It’s a totally different set of abilities and skills for both. 

5 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I love his tools but almost every catch looks like a body catch. The few all hands catches he makes look smooth and easy though. Don’t know what to think about that. 

10 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

What's everyone's thoughts about Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado? Haven't seen much on him around here. Seems to have some great ball skills, size, and returning ability. would be nice to somehow get him with the 2nd pick but might require a trade up.

I like his upside but I really think with Oliver it's going to come down to coaching at the next level. Everything you want in a CB is there but he needs to polish up his game he can get a bit sloppy.

Archived