2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@Dubz41 and @MantyWrestler, which of those guys won't bust and has the killer instinct necessary for pass rushers and would have a spot in either a 4-3/3-4 depending on where our defense goes over the next 5 years?  

1)- Arden Key  LSU

2)- Bradley Chubb  NC St.

3)- Clelin Ferrell   Clemson

All three DEs are playmakers, athletic and would fit any system you want.  They are key ingredients in next years super duper Caper's package named:  Double Bullsh** Barrels.  It's gonna make the nitro look like crap.  Oh, I guess it already does.  My bad.

I know I'm obnoxious and I know a lot of people hate me, but I also know that the people who hate me here love to hate me and let's be honest, I'm probably the funnest person to hate on this site.  Anyway, here are the combined numbers of first round receivers this year compared to second round receivers this year:

9 receptions for 95 yards and 1 rush for 12 yards in 7 total games.  And John Ross is a healthy scratch today.  ;)

Compare that to second round receivers:

47 receptions for 639 yards and 5 touchdowns in 23 games. 

Cooper Kupp is performing better than anybody but Smith-Schuster, and he was a third round pick. 

Considering how bad Ross has looked and how meh the other two have looked, and considering the connection Goff and Kupp are creating and how good Smith-Schuster has looked, it looks like this year will give me great ammunition for my continued and endless argument that first round receivers are dumb. 

Edit: And then Corey Davis makes a great catch. 

Also, I think there was one person here who wanted Evan Engram more than any of the other tight ends, and that seems to have been a good call since he's on pace to have the best rookie season from a first round tight end since, fittingly, Jeremy Shockey. 

On 11/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, Dubz41 said:

1)- Arden Key  LSU

2)- Bradley Chubb  NC St.

3)- Clelin Ferrell   Clemson

All three DEs are playmakers, athletic and would fit any system you want.  They are key ingredients in next years super duper Caper's package named:  Double Bullsh** Barrels.  It's gonna make the nitro look like crap.  Oh, I guess it already does.  My bad.

Personally I like Chubb then the kid from Wake Forest. Both do not quit. Key is the most athletic but softest. Ferrell played hard and is very solid against the run but seems to be the least athletic of the studs. 

49 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Personally I like Chubb then the kid from Wake Forest. Both do not quit. Key is the most athletic but softest. Ferrell played hard and is very solid against the run but seems to be the least athletic of the studs. 

Chubb is good but has personailty issues. Look up his flop play and also spit on center of opposing field.

Currently picking 16

Team PCT SOS
1 CLE 0.000 0.503
2 SF 0.000 0.563
3 NYG 0.125 0.532
4 TB 0.250 0.556
5 IND 0.333 0.481
6 CIN 0.375 0.467
7 HOU 0.375 0.502
8 SD 0.375 0.503
9 CHI 0.375 0.508
10 DEN 0.375 0.509
11 BAL 0.444 0.455
12 OAK 0.444 0.523
13 NYJ 0.444 0.525
14 ARI 0.500 0.475
15 DET 0.500 0.476
16 GB 0.500 0.515
17 WAS 0.500 0.532
18 MIA 0.500 0.546
19 ATL 0.500 0.564
20 TEN 0.625 0.441
21 JAX 0.625 0.444
22 SEA 0.625 0.475
23 DAL 0.625 0.485
24 BUF 0.625 0.508
25 KC 0.667 0.498
26 CAR 0.667 0.521
27 PIT 0.750 0.446
28 MIN 0.750 0.484
29 STL 0.750 0.490
30 NE 0.750 0.518
31 NO 0.750 0.533
32 PHI 0.889 0.455

22 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Chubb is good but has personailty issues. Look up his flop play and also spit on center of opposing field.

Oh so he has a fighters attitude. No way. Let’s draft another nice guy. I believe Houston from m KC had issues. Jones from KC too. Randy Moss... and xountless others. Once we draft one we’ll stick with him but no risk in the draft at all. 

6 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Oh so he has a fighters attitude. No way. Let’s draft another nice guy. I believe Houston from m KC had issues. Jones from KC too. Randy Moss... and xountless others. Once we draft one we’ll stick with him but no risk in the draft at all. 

Just because we move bad character guys down the draft board doesn't mean we only draft nice guys. There are guys out there with fighters attitude that aren't aholes, especially in the top 10. Also please explain to me how spitting on the opposing team's field after the game is a fighter's attitude?

8 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Just because we move bad character guys down the draft board doesn't mean we only draft nice guys. There are guys out there with fighters attitude that aren't aholes, especially in the top 10. Also please explain to me how spitting on the opposing team's field after the game is a fighter's attitude?

It’s attitude. We lack that on D except for Daniels. That’s what makes him good, he is limited athletically. Not super quick or long but tuff as nails and strong. 

8 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Houston just couldn't stop smoking pot for 6 hours

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Houston just couldn't stop smoking pot for 6 hours

Um ok. looks pretty good on KC right now dope or no dope. I’ll give you this, everyone else passed on him twice like us too but name the risky pick we’ve made on a talented high round pick? We needed OLB and passed twice on Houston. 

There's a difference between an aggressive on field attitude and being an *******.  Brian Dawkins was one of the fiercest football players ever while also being an amazing human being.  Darren Sharper was one of the most underrated safeties ever and would be in the Hall of Fame right now if he wasn't a worthless human being (63 interceptions, 11 touchdowns, try to fight that statement). 

Mike Daniels is apparently obsessed with manga and comics and all that and is still one of the most intimidating football players in the league. 

Don't try to excuse somebody spitting on somebody by saying we need a fighter's mentality when that mentality exists without spitting on somebody being a prerequisite. 

Archived