2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

25 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The Colts with Manning, Freeney and Mathis is the most recent one. Wentz with Cox, Graham, whatever Barnett could be. 

I thought Freeney and Mathis kinda missed each other when both were elite. 

Also, I kinda meant EDGE, so Cox doesn't count, Graham has been a disappointment for them each year but now.  Barnett could be good though. 

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I thought Freeney and Mathis kinda missed each other when both were elite. 

Also, I kinda meant EDGE, so Cox doesn't count, Graham has been a disappointment for them each year but now.  Barnett could be good though. 

Either way, I don't think Chubb is an elite prospect. I also don't think that he would be the right pick at 4. But what do I know

IMO only two guys to consider worthy at #14, D. Ward or R. Smith. If neither available I would advocate for a trade down (wiling partner) and draft pick shuffle to secure J. Alexander, J. Washington, and L. Carter with our first three picks. This will take some maneuvering, but I believe we have the draft capital to make it happen. Lastly, I would certainly take a flyer on J. Cichy in the later rounds, he has a lot to prove and could turn out to be special.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh he's giving him a bit too much credit. Jackson is not a bully, he's soft.

Alexander is the only "bully" I've come across among the top 5 corners.

giphy.gif

Wow yeah. I'd love to see our divisional foes receivers treated like that in all our division games. Get em all pissed off and take their head outta the game. 

15 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I like Jaire Alexander. Would require a trade up fron the 2nd round pick though. He might even go top 25

A I mentioned in the other thread, I think Walters has us taking Alexander at #14. Their opinion is that he had the best combine of all CB's. Had injuries last season but his scores at the combine were top notch. 4.38 40 and 6.71 cone. Some say he is now CB #2 which means no way he gets out of the first round

52 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A I mentioned in the other thread, I think Walters has us taking Alexander at #14. Their opinion is that he had the best combine of all CB's. Had injuries last season but his scores at the combine were top notch. 4.38 40 and 6.71 cone. Some say he is now CB #2 which means no way he gets out of the first round

Yeah I'm not so sure he goes 2nd or top 20, but it would take be shocking. I still think a team falls in love with Josh Jackson's ball skills and takes him. Dom capers would probably have a heart attack if we passed on him and he was still DC

Archived