2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Interesting. The mock draft in the previous post has the Packers taking Central Florida CB Mike Hughes in the second round, with the 45th pick. I just saw a mock draft from USA today that has the Packers taking Hughes in the FIRST round, with the 14th pick. 

8 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Interesting. The mock draft in the previous post has the Packers taking Central Florida CB Mike Hughes in the second round, with the 45th pick. I just saw a mock draft from USA today that has the Packers taking Hughes in the FIRST round, with the 14th pick. 

Go figure eh?

See dart.

Pickup dart.

Throw dart at wall.

:)

10 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Someone must love Hughes that much to reach for him

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Someone must love Hughes that much to reach for him

Maybe it says something about how these mock drafts tend to be based so heavily on need. The actual draft is more a mix of need and best player available. Leaning heavily toward need is a bit riskier. 

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Maybe it says something about how these mock drafts tend to be based so heavily on need. The actual draft is more a mix of need and best player available. Leaning heavily toward need is a bit riskier. 

Ya I have to agree on that

1 hour ago, Greg C. said:

Agreed. I think another decent option is recognizing the player wanted and moving to a spot of best value. 

I'm doing a deep dive into Temple football tonight after seeing this post on Draft Analyst

DE Sharif Finch (#6) and DE Jacob Martin (#9)  are 250 pound late round/UDFA options at OLB.  Here they are doing drills with DT Jullian Taylor (#94) at todays pro day.

Jullian Taylor could be a mid round riser with the numbers he posted today.  He's some youtube snaps from this season.

Finch also has a highlight tape 

Also WR Keith Kirkwood is another 'single digit' player for temple.  A designation reserved for team leaders (Remember #9 Wilkerson?) Kirkwood also posted impressive numbers for his size today.  Here's a sweet video for all the sad saps like me. I hope we draft him with one of our 12 picks.

I'm currently mining youtube for full game action of the 4 players

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Christian Campbell, didn't participate at the Combine. Tied with Oliver for the longest arms of any CB. Looks to be trying to get himself into day 2.

"You gonna try to alley-ooop on me dog? Ain't happenin!"

Archived