2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

15 hours ago, Lodestar said:

There is invariably going to be a surprise or two in the top 10-15 picks. It always happens. The chances of the presumptive top 13 guys going ahead of us is virtually nil. 

So with that said, I would say the 4 QBs + Barkley, Chubb, Nelson makes 7 guys likely to go before us. The 7 guys most commonly linked to us (or seen as good fits anyway) would be something like Fitzpatrick, James, Smith, Edmunds, Ward, Davenport, Landry. We're basically guaranteed to get one of those players, and with 1-2 guys like Vea, Ridley, maybe an OL or some other surprise guy going ahead of us... I think we'll have some good talent to choose from.

I get what you are saying about the "surprise" pick, yes, there is usually one or two.  I just don't see where Fitz, Ward or James get near to GB even with a surprise.  If one is to be there, I think it would be the lower end of that bunch, Edmunds or Davenport.  Fitz and James are too good to get that far down, even with a surprise pick.  But, I truly, truly hope that you are right!

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get what you are saying about the "surprise" pick, yes, there is usually one or two.  I just don't see where Fitz, Ward or James get near to GB even with a surprise.  If one is to be there, I think it would be the lower end of that bunch, Edmunds or Davenport.  Fitz and James are too good to get that far down, even with a surprise pick.  But, I truly, truly hope that you are right!

I'm hopeful that some teams don't know what to do with Fitzpatrick and James. While personally I love their versatility, some teams don't like tweeners. That's how one of those two makes it to 14.

Id also be completely open to trading up for either.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a weird comp. Baldwin is 5'9 and being compared to a guy over 6'0 205.

Davante has always been my comp for Hamilton. Same broad jump, same 3 cone, close on size, Adams is a better vert jumper, DaeSean is a little faster, both play very similar.

Gee. It's not a scientific analysis. It's just a tweet and far as I took it, he was throwing compliments Harrison's way on how he breaks off the LOS.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol you're so sensitive when people reply to your posted tweets :)

Actually, I believe you're over thinking things. This is a discussion about football and I dont take much of any of it that seriously I simply try to enjoy it - especially at this time of year. Now before you go jumping to extremes, I didnt just say I dont consider comments of others seriously. No. It's that I'm not emotionally invested in the chatter and "draft related" discussion  isnt my strong suit as I watch few college games which makes it hard to assess "this guy versus that guy". Game day chatter? Thats when I'm plugged in, so gauge my "sensitivity" then.

I know PR likes Harrison and thought to direct (what I considered to be) a positive comment about the guy his way. Nothing more than that.

45 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Ive said Hernandez will end up as good or better than Nelson and stand by that. If he falls to our pick in the 2nd and we don’t like any of the corners/edge players there, Id be happy with the pick. Little earlier than we’re used to going at guard but I’m pretty confident you’ll have a decade long plus player there with him.

55 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Ive said Hernandez will end up as good or better than Nelson and stand by that. If he falls to our pick in the 2nd and we don’t like any of the corners/edge players there, Id be happy with the pick. Little earlier than we’re used to going at guard but I’m pretty confident you’ll have a decade long plus player there with him.

Hernandez will probably be drafted at the end of round 1. If we take him at #14, or even in the second round, HZ will have a fatal myocardial infarction and this site will be less fun by several decimal places. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Hernandez will probably be drafted at the end of round 1. If we take him at #14, or even in the second round, HZ will have a fatal myocardial infarction and this site will be less fun by several decimal places. 

Guard isn't really a Luxury pick we can afford this year, I wouldn't be too pleased either lol. 

5 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Guard isn't really a Luxury pick we can afford this year, I wouldn't be too pleased either lol. 

I know fans want to look in the short term but the whole GM job is looking long term.

I'm not saying Hernandez should definitely be a pick but if you got a guy pegged as an insane value. Just pick him. 

17 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I know fans want to look in the short term but the whole GM job is looking long term.

I'm not saying Hernandez should definitely be a pick but if you got a guy pegged as an insane value. Just pick him. 

Oh I think both short and long term. I just think we have so many holes on defense, i don't think we should draft one early if other impact defenders are on the board. 

Archived