2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

18 hours ago, Leader said:

One of the biggest critiques of the Packer WR's, and the reason I think Jordy was let go, was a lack of speed. Why would we take James Washington in the 3rd round then? 

Also, where are we on the whole "Players the Packers have talked to" deal? I remember we had a thread awhile back but I haven't seen it bumped up.

6 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

That's a lot of love I'm seeing for a defender who's a liability against the run in Landry.

Freely admit that I didn't see him play the run well at all.

Also admit that if he is in on first down, we are misusing his skill set.

He should come in on obvious passing downs and pin his ears back and rush.  He's a one trick pony to start, so let's let the pony do what it does best.

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Most humble too 

Dont get me wrong - you dont want head cases anywhere - but I've got no problem with DBs having a fair dose of confidence. They're often out there alone trying to win one down at a time. Wallflowers need not apply.

Add on edit:  You've gotta come up with the goods if you're talking it up. The good ones do. The bad ones just keep talking.

Just now, Leader said:

Dont get me wrong - you dont want head cases anywhere - but I've got no problem with DBs having a fair dose of confidence. They're often out there alone trying to win one down at a time. Wallflowers need not apply.

Just being lighthearted. Along with that confidence they also need a very short memory. I think if GB wanted him they'd have to move up fairly far. I hope he doesn't go to the bears. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero :  After pro day drills, Florida State safety Derwin James tells me “I know I’m the best player in this draft”

Good argument to be made this is the case when you take position out of it. 

Some might argue Nelson or Chubb, but James has as much right to the claim as anyone. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Good argument to be made this is the case when you take position out of it. Some might argue Nelson or Chubb, but James has as much right to the claim as anyone. 

Agree and my opinions based on nothing but pre-draft research. Havent seen him play a down in an actual game, but the guys a player.

Archived