2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying the offense will do that for us. Jennings, Jones, Driver weren't deep threats by any means, but having Finley there in the middle made it so you couldn't cover everyone. Those guys made plays downfield all the time.

Don't go into the draft looking to add a specific skillset. Draft the best WR and trust that when he's out there with Adams, Cobb and Graham the offense will open up the deep field.

The WR they draft better be talented. He'll need to be able to consistently win his iso routes to flourish. 

Looking at most of the projections and the needs of the teams in front of us, I have high hopes of one of Fitz, James and Ward being there at the Pack's pick. I am pretty sure that is an easy, run the card up selection if any of those three are there. Any of those three look like day 1 starters on this team that will make an impact right away. The rest of the options are probably not at that level or likely not available where the Pack currently pick.

If by chance one of those 3 are not there, then I dunno. I think you hope someone is calling to move back in hopes you get ammo to move up again in other parts of the draft for targeted players.

20 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Well, that’s fine to have that opinion, but I’ve seen you say these things about Chark for a few months now without any evidence or examples ( not saying it’s not there) so it’s worthwhile to point out examples contradicting what you said about him.

I actually like TreQuan Smith more than I like Chark. Much wider route tree.

9 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I actually like TreQuan Smith more than I like Chark. Much wider route tree.

That's fair.

Part of me just really wants to see what Rodgers can do with a tall, fast, WR who can jump. I don't think he's ever really had one. Aside from the chosen one (Janis).

5 hours ago, PackFan4Life said:

Looking at most of the projections and the needs of the teams in front of us, I have high hopes of one of Fitz, James and Ward being there at the Pack's pick. I am pretty sure that is an easy, run the card up selection if any of those three are there. Any of those three look like day 1 starters on this team that will make an impact right away. The rest of the options are probably not at that level or likely not available where the Pack currently pick.

If by chance one of those 3 are not there, then I dunno. I think you hope someone is calling to move back in hopes you get ammo to move up again in other parts of the draft for targeted players.

Bucky put this out in his latest mock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926088/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-40-ravens-pick-lamar-jackson

He has 5 QBs going before our pick and I could see that actually being 6 with plenty of trades to get those QBs. Thus talent like Minka etc could easily fall to us.

4 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

That's fair.

Part of me just really wants to see what Rodgers can do with a tall, fast, WR who can jump. I don't think he's ever really had one. Aside from the chosen one (Janis).

He’s had one his entire career in Jordy!

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I would agree... with the following priority list order

EDGE3 ---- absolutely

CB1/2 ---depending on how you view King and the rest

WR2  ---- though I think Graham can serve as a defacto WR2

TE2  --- certainly if you view Graham as a WR as much as a TE

ILB3   ---- Between CM3, Fackrell and Biegel, they may have an ILB able to pull reps if needed.

RG   ---- There is enough competition on the roster to hold that position down (Murphy, Bulaga, Spriggs, McCray, Patrick)

Swing Tackle  --- See the above on RG

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I still can't decide whether I'd want Denzel Ward or Harold Landry more at 14 if they both fall there. Would be a hell of a decision for Gute.

This is where I'm at as well. 

Archived