2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

7 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Eh, people do. I’ve seen plenty of examples of people drastically turning their lives around. Happens a lot more than people think. 

The typical NFL fan doesn't even know WR Hill in KC had a past that was much worse than Mixon's.  Truly ugly stuff.

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes, exactly.  I think you brought that up before and it needs to be repeated.  A lot.  And often.  Zack Martin's contract is up after this year.  Cowboys gonna be able to keep him?  If not, he wasn't worth a top 16 pick.  Period. 

First round picks are 10 year investments.  I don't care how good they are, if you only keep them for five years, they weren't the right pick, and they weren't a good pick.  Period.  End of discussion.  Simple.  Elementary. 

What about Randall McDaniel, dude was a beast for a long, long time:? I get what you are saying though. I wouldn't take a center either with that early of a pick. 

Wouldn't mind if we ended up taking Clelin Ferrell at 14 especially if the board falls ugly for us and few quarterbacks fall out of the top 15. 

Ferrell shows a lot of natural ability to bend with ease and has a great skill set especially being so young. 

8 hours ago, Green19 said:

Draft him... then force Reggie to trade us Mack. Haha

All kidding  aside, I like his tape. Maybe as good or better than Carlos Wilkins. Super strong too. Believe it was at the opening during recruiting he did 35 reps. Not sure what the use for weight though. 

7 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Wouldn't mind if we ended up taking Clelin Ferrell at 14 especially if the board falls ugly for us and few quarterbacks fall out of the top 15. 

Ferrell shows a lot of natural ability to bend with ease and has a great skill set especially being so young. 

And he only a RSO so he’s young and may develop more than say a 25 year old rookie. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

:D

Except.... at that time Favre had already been musing about retirement, playing the "make the Packers wait a month or two" game, at the end of each season, before announcing he would come back. Favre was, by then, also looking for ways to avoid training camp. When he left the Packers he did very little preseason work with either the Jets or Minnesota, by pulling stunts like delaying surgery until his rehab meant he couldn't do much in preseason. He just wanted to play Sunday's without putting the work in during the week. Favre's announced retirement to the Packers (when he was still with them) was very likely the first attempt to avoid TC, before riding back into town to 'save' the franchise. Credit MM for being an immovable force, insisting Favre would not be the guaranteed starter that year, but would have to compete for it. Sometimes our longtime heroes are rather flawed individuals.

No signs of any of that with Aaron Rodgers, at least none that I have seen. Thank the lord for that !!!

I've never understood the level of insecurity shown by some QB greats (Now I'm hearing Brady would never help out Garoppolo, the same scenario as Favre/Rodgers).

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Except.... at that time Favre had already been musing about retirement, playing the "make the Packers wait a month or two" game, at the end of each season, before announcing he would come back. Favre was, by then, also looking for ways to avoid training camp. When he left the Packers he did very little preseason work with either the Jets or Minnesota, by pulling stunts like delaying surgery until his rehab meant he couldn't do much in preseason. He just wanted to play Sunday's without putting the work in during the week. Favre's announced retirement to the Packers (when he was still with them) was very likely the first attempt to avoid TC, before riding back into town to 'save' the franchise. Credit MM for being an immovable force, insisting Favre would not be the guaranteed starter that year, but would have to compete for it. Sometimes our longtime heroes are rather flawed individuals.

No signs of any of that with Aaron Rodgers, at least none that I have seen. Thank the lord for that !!!

I've never understood the level of insecurity shown by some QB greats (Now I'm hearing Brady would never help out Garoppolo, the same scenario as Favre/Rodgers).

Hi 1265 - the tweet was offered as nothing but an interesting factoid of little consequence other than an interesting coincidence.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hi 1265 - the tweet was offered as nothing but an interesting factoid of little consequence other than an interesting coincidence.

I know, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I better get out, away from my PC for a bit, and do a little sale-shopping...........

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree. There was a good amount of love for Davis late in the process especially.

I was part of that love.  I really liked his combo of size, athletic ability and route running.  I felt sad for him when he went to a WR wasteland.

So there is talk that apparently Harold Landry, Edge from Boston College, is one of the early favorites in the Green Bay scouting department.

Acmepackernews mentioned it when discussing Arden Key... saying how Arden is a better physical talent but Landry has been linked to Green Bay in the early stages of the process.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So there is talk that apparently Harold Landry, Edge from Boston College, is one of the early favorites in the Green Bay scouting department.

Acmepackernews mentioned it when discussing Arden Key... saying how Arden is a better physical talent but Landry has been linked to Green Bay in the early stages of the process.

I'm confident ALL of the edge guys are gonna get linked to GB.

Archived