2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Until we have our DC and until we see these guys at the Combine (probably far and away the #1 position where athletic numbers matter) it's hard to have a preference for any EDGE guy.

Really agree with this point. Fangio had Leonard Floyd, if he likes that mold, we might favor Key or even Davenport. Hard to know exactly. I do like this EDGE class though. I like Chubb, Landry, Davenport, Nwosu, Mata'Afa, Ejiofor. Lot of nice players out there.

I think TEs take too long to develop. BG needs to target one in FA. I know the pickings are slim. Does that mean Packers should retain Richard Rodgers? Will BG keep Kendricks around? I would add a developmental guy in the middle rounds. Who looks like a 4th round developmental prospect?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Ha. I just see nothing special about Andrews. I see a stiff athlete with low effort. Pass.

I'd trade up from our 2nd for goedert.

I think he looks pretty damn fast to my laypersons eye. Watching “film” where he’s outrunning DBs instead of being slower than the Dline like dickRod is intriguing

1 hour ago, Hands said:

Andrews is a beast as a receiver. Have no idea as a blocker.

He's not used as an in-line blocker.  Has more to do with how Oklahoma uses their TE.  But the notion that Andrews is a 6th round prospect is incog just fishing for responses.

Kevin Tolliver of LSU and McFadden from FSU declare to join Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander, Carlton Davis and Isaiah Oliver.

Better CB class this year or last? Man as much as we need a pass rusher, pairing King with another big stud like Josh Jackson or Tolliver is tempting too.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kevin Tolliver of LSU and McFadden from FSU declare to join Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward, Jaire Alexander, Carlton Davis and Isaiah Oliver.

Better CB class this year or last? Man as much as we need a pass rusher, pairing King with another big stud like Josh Jackson or Tolliver is tempting too.

Maybe that's where having the 14th pick in the second round comes in to play. You can't get a sure fire Edge there but it's shaping up to be the prime spot to find a corner, as much as I hate to say it

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wouldn't hate taking Jackson at 14 then trading back up for a pass rusher, similar to 2009.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

So what potential draft selection(s) should be "eyes on" in tonights game?

Payne of the Bama DL, Ridley WR for Bama, Roquan Smith LB for Georgia, both Georgia RBs Chubb and Michel also Bama's RB Harris and Scarborough, Wynn the LT for Georgia, Fitzpatrick CB for Bama, Harrison S Bama, Rashaan Evans LB Bama and both Georgia and Bama have a mid round CB prospect in Baker (UGA} and Wallace (Bama).

That's about all of them.

Archived