2018 Off-season Coaching Staff Changes

Mind Character

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

My biggest fear with hiring zamp is that it means we’re still targeting AJ mccarron

I certainly wouldn't be against signing McCarron as long as that doesn't prevent us from going with a QB at #1. I think he'd be a solid stopgap for a year or two.

7 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I hope this lame Zampese hire is not Hue Jackson's newest excuse not to hire and offensive coordinator but that seems to be the case.

yeah seems like it 

Hue not hiring an OC is gonna be the fastest way to get him fired

the thing is I'd be cool with no OC

But if you decide to do that you've got to get an assistant coach to focus solely on game managment

Hue can't do both 

Maybe that'll be Saunders new role since he wont be receivers coach anymore 

15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I hope this lame Zampese hire is not Hue Jackson's newest excuse not to hire and offensive coordinator but that seems to be the case.

Nothing seems to be the case.

The media only reported that we were interviewing 1 OC candidate.

The fact that we haven't hired that 1 guy yet doesn't point to us not hiring an OC at all.

We were always going to be interviewing many OCs.

It's only been less than 2 days since the 1 guy reported in the media had interviewed.

Those interviews last multiple days as fit is assessed.

That means if we interview 2 or 3 more candidates...the process will drag on for another week or so

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

it does seem that it will make him unfirable mid season though which means pretty much guaranteed miserable full 17 weeks next year

I was just coming here to say the same thing.

In any line of work, the best way to maintain job security is making sure you're the only one in the organization who can do your job. Clearly Hue is doing what Hue does best and is looking out for himself by retaining as much power as he can and making sure there's as large an impact as possible if he's in line to be fired. 

1 minute ago, BwickRedux said:

I was just coming here to say the same thing.

In any line of work, the best way to maintain job security is making sure you're the only one in the organization who can do your job. Clearly Hue is doing what Hue does best and is looking out for himself by retaining as much power as he can and making sure there's as large an impact as possible if he's in line to be fired. 

Eh, it’s only going to delay it by a few weeks if he fails and he’s getting paid the same either way, so I’m not sure what the upside would be unless he is damned determine to coach all 16 regardless.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, it’s only going to delay it by a few weeks if he fails and he’s getting paid the same either way, so I’m not sure what the upside would be unless he is damned determine to coach all 16 regardless.

say they sign kirk cousins and we get blown out in weeks 1,2,3... gotta think you can at least salvage the season if you get a competent OC/DC.  hell romeo crennel did it.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

say they sign kirk cousins and we get blown out in weeks 1,2,3... gotta think you can at least salvage the season if you get a competent OC/DC.  hell romeo crennel did it.

If we fire a coach 3 weeks in he should have never been given the chance to coach in the first place.

Archived