Boondock Saints Mafia **CIVS WIN**

theuntouchable

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think it is more obvious if you had been reading my post with the knowledge of the role. Both the mafia and civs knew I was out there and they could hire me. They were reading with that filter in mind. 

Well, I know all about Duce.  I adore Boondocks Saints.  But I had no clue he could be hired by town.  I mean, I'd more have assumed he was offing guys trying to find his sons or something.  Him being hired by townies doesn't really make sense in terms of the movie.

How does Matts have a hit tonight? He said that mafia could only hire him successfully once so if they did then why is he still saying they could keep targeting him?

Also I don't like how Matts is trying to say he'll stay neutral and then also help scum hunt. If he's refusing mafia hits and still scum hunting in thread, that's not neutral at all. What's the point of trying to start a train on KSJ, be worried that he successfully found mafia and that he'll get hit in retaliation, and still not reveal his clears? If you're completely neutral then the only move is to self-vote every day and say nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

How does Matts have a hit tonight? He said that mafia could only hire him successfully once so if they did then why is he still saying they could keep targeting him?

Also I don't like how Matts is trying to say he'll stay neutral and then also help scum hunt. If he's refusing mafia hits and still scum hunting in thread, that's not neutral at all. What's the point of trying to start a train on KSJ, be worried that he successfully found mafia and that he'll get hit in retaliation, and still not reveal his clears? If you're completely neutral then the only move is to self-vote every day and say nothing else.

I believe he also said he can choose somebody to hit on his own 

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

But that doesn't fit with the movie if we are to assume the role will resemble it.

What about what Rags said at the top of this page? 

So what happened in the movie exactly? I remember the mob boss needing help with the brothers so he asked the retired boss to release Il Dulce. Was there a briefcase of money involved? Genuinely curious. Then Il Dulce gets into a firefight with the brothers. Then he knocks out a disguised Smecker and reveals himself as their father?

If Matts is telling the truth it doesn't really fit 100% with what I remember of the movie. 

Just now, Whicker said:

So what happened in the movie exactly? I remember the mob boss needing help with the brothers so he asked the retired boss to release Il Dulce. Was there a briefcase of money involved? Genuinely curious. Then Il Dulce gets into a firefight with the brothers. Then he knocks out a disguised Smecker and reveals himself as their father?

If Matts is telling the truth it doesn't really fit 100% with what I remember of the movie. 

That he got off on killing wiseguys so the family used him against other wiseguys but couldn't control him anymore so they got him locked up.  Also the surviving along part is where I disagreed, I think he just needs to survive to win, which seems like a more plausible win con.  I just don't think he's a good lynch tonight.  In 2 nights if we haven't hit mafia/other then Matts becomes a good target.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

He comes across the brothers saying their family prayer and finishes it.  Then joins them in their quest to kill bad guys.

So you would almost have to assume that if Matts found one of the brothers, he would become town.  

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

That he got off on killing wiseguys so the family used him against other wiseguys but couldn't control him anymore so they got him locked up.  Also the surviving along part is where I disagreed, I think he just needs to survive to win, which seems like a more plausible win con.  I just don't think he's a good lynch tonight.  In 2 nights if we haven't hit mafia/other then Matts becomes a good target.

Why do you believe that part of his claim in specific?

What makes him different than a serial killer if he has hits and has to survive until the end?

Just now, Whicker said:

Why do you believe that part of his claim in specific?

What makes him different than a serial killer if he has hits and has to survive until the end?

Doesn't have to kill everyone other than himself to win.

Archived