Boondock Saints Mafia **CIVS WIN**

theuntouchable

Okay so what's the big reason for KSJ?

I'm still not 100% on the Matts claim. It all seems awfully convenient for him. So he says mafia can send him a name through the host that he can choose or not to hit. So how did that go down? Mafia ended up targeting him with some move, got told "nope he's Il Dulce, now why don't you send him a name that he can maybe hit?" He says he was identified by the mafia because he made it super obvious who he was... and we're just taking that on face value? After seeing Tk3 and Dome try and locate LTBF last game... I really don't think it's quite easy even if you are looking for him.

And what was Matts' plan? "Hey I'm going to crumb my Il Dulce role to the mafia super hard so that they figure out who I am... just to turn down their hit"? To what end? And does it make sense at all for a bunch of mob bosses to be like "aw don't worry about that guy who actively turned down our hit... he's still neutral to us... maybe we'll just ask him nicely again someday"

Matts could be telling the truth, but even if so we're losing a guy who is just going to help us scum hunt. Matts is a great player and all, but that doesn't seem valuable enough to potentially lose the game over. There's a chance he's lying and is an enemy or will become an enemy. Is there a better chance KSJ flips scum than Matts lying? Also, knowing that all the regular civilians have 1-shot pro-town powers, lynching a civ is worse than a guy with 100% neutral abilities (which no one has any idea what moves Matts could actually have?)

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm still not 100% on the Matts claim. It all seems awfully convenient for him. So he says mafia can send him a name through the host that he can choose or not to hit. So how did that go down? Mafia ended up targeting him with some move, got told "nope he's Il Dulce, now why don't you send him a name that he can maybe hit?" He says he was identified by the mafia because he made it super obvious who he was... and we're just taking that on face value? After seeing Tk3 and Dome try and locate LTBF last game... I really don't think it's quite easy even if you are looking for him.

And what was Matts' plan? "Hey I'm going to crumb my Il Dulce role to the mafia super hard so that they figure out who I am... just to turn down their hit"? To what end? And does it make sense at all for a bunch of mob bosses to be like "aw don't worry about that guy who actively turned down our hit... he's still neutral to us... maybe we'll just ask him nicely again someday"

Matts could be telling the truth, but even if so we're losing a guy who is just going to help us scum hunt. Matts is a great player and all, but that doesn't seem valuable enough to potentially lose the game over. There's a chance he's lying and is an enemy or will become an enemy. Is there a better chance KSJ flips scum than Matts lying? Also, knowing that all the regular civilians have 1-shot pro-town powers, lynching a civ is worse than a guy with 100% neutral abilities (which no one has any idea what moves Matts could actually have?)

He became very defensive earlier....mookie and ksj just stand out to me way more than anyone else (other than Matts of course)

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I do agree that I don't think it was super obvious at all.  Or even a tiny bit obvious.  

But if I'm scum, I'm not killing Matts because I expect town to lynch him at some point.  

And a lack of CCing makes the role pretty much assured.  

15 minutes ago, Whicker said:

"Hey I'm going to crumb my Il Dulce role to the mafia super hard so that they figure out who I am... just to turn down their hit"? To what end? And does it make sense at all for a bunch of mob bosses to be like "aw don't worry about that guy who actively turned down our hit... he's still neutral to us... maybe we'll just ask him nicely again someday"

I was crumbing to both sides. And I was debating on how I would play it; wasnt sure exactly how it would all go down. I only got an offer from mafia. The civ group did not pick up on it. Once I turned down mafia I knew I would have to explain why so they wouldnt hit me. 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do agree that I don't think it was super obvious at all.  Or even a tiny bit obvious.  

I think it is more obvious if you had been reading my post with the knowledge of the role. Both the mafia and civs knew I was out there and they could hire me. They were reading with that filter in mind. 

Archived