The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The more teams he visits the less likely I think him signing with us is.   I think the Rams would be the most attractive out of the ones so far.  They can pay him, pair him with a great teammate and a high powered offense. 

I'll say it again about Suh to the Rams. The Rams have an All-Pro DT already on their roster that will command more money than Suh will. Aaron Donald is entering a contract year. He's already held out once, then got a DPOY season out of it. Stalling on paying him only drive up the price if he has a great year next year. 

If Suh goes to LA, I can almost guarantee he's taking a below market deal to do so. Which he could do if winning is truely what he's looking for at this point in his career. And I believe that is the bigger part, I think the best chance to win will get him to sign, not highest bidder. Unless of course the team he thinks has that best chance also has a boat load of money as well. 

When you consider what the Rams will have to pay Donald next year, or this year, plus what they'll have to pay Peters and Gurley the year after. Signing Suh to a high priced deal looks like a fantasy. 

11 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I'll say it again about Suh to the Rams. The Rams have an All-Pro DT already on their roster that will command more money than Suh will. Aaron Donald is entering a contract year. He's already held out once, then got a DPOY season out of it. Stalling on paying him only drive up the price if he has a great year next year. 

If Suh goes to LA, I can almost guarantee he's taking a below market deal to do so. Which he could do if winning is truely what he's looking for at this point in his career. And I believe that is the bigger part, I think the best chance to win will get him to sign, not highest bidder. Unless of course the team he thinks has that best chance also has a boat load of money as well. 

When you consider what the Rams will have to pay Donald next year, or this year, plus what they'll have to pay Peters and Gurley the year after. Signing Suh to a high priced deal looks like a fantasy. 

If you believe the mouthpiece for him on Twitter, he isn't all about money. Maybe he'd take a creative deal to fit throughout the years.  
or
Like I just posted in the other thread, maybe they just say forget it and worry about the cost of Goff, Gurley and Peters later. 
They have a belief they can sign him or else why even bring him in.

I hope the Titans are still active in Free Agency. It doesn’t sound like it if Vrabel and JRob are in California (Suh) is out that way so I guess there’s a chance we start negotiating but I would really like the Titans to find a few more Free Agents. Bowman is a guy who can come in and help out for a year. No ones talking to Reid right now Titans should offer him a years deal to add to the Safety mix. 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I hope the Titans are still active in Free Agency. It doesn’t sound like it if Vrabel and JRob are in California (Suh) is out that way so I guess there’s a chance we start negotiating but I would really like the Titans to find a few more Free Agents. Bowman is a guy who can come in and help out for a year. No ones talking to Reid right now Titans should offer him a years deal to add to the Safety mix. 

I would imagine we've already let Suh's team know what we'd offer. Vin Marino (the cap guy) would be able to handle back and forth there I'd imagine.

There are still some quality players out there. I think the Titans can fill some needs in free agency still namely DL depth, OL depth and WR. I would take a look at Hurns if I was the Titans I like how he plays. Not a burner but he does have a tendency for big plays and can put up huge games from time to time. Matthews is also still out there while not a burner is solid from the slot.

DL if not Suh I would be targeting Hankins if possible. Logan may be worth a flyer on formerly from the Eagles.

Heck Gabbert to me at this point is the only viable back up QB option I would look into signing him as if we don't do that to me we need to trade for a back up or draft one. I would rather have a back up QB with some NFL experience to pair with Mariota.

We shall see but the Titans right now are in on Suh and need to extend Lewan this offseason. I think if Suh does not come to Tennessee you will see the Titans sign one or two more guys to fill needs imo. No reason not to when there are still some guys who can help out there.

2 hours ago, Titan89 said:

There are still some quality players out there. I think the Titans can fill some needs in free agency still namely DL depth, OL depth and WR. I would take a look at Hurns if I was the Titans I like how he plays. Not a burner but he does have a tendency for big plays and can put up huge games from time to time. Matthews is also still out there while not a burner is solid from the slot.

DL if not Suh I would be targeting Hankins if possible. Logan may be worth a flyer on formerly from the Eagles.

Heck Gabbert to me at this point is the only viable back up QB option I would look into signing him as if we don't do that to me we need to trade for a back up or draft one. I would rather have a back up QB with some NFL experience to pair with Mariota.

We shall see but the Titans right now are in on Suh and need to extend Lewan this offseason. I think if Suh does not come to Tennessee you will see the Titans sign one or two more guys to fill needs imo. No reason not to when there are still some guys who can help out there.

That’s why I think we’re still in it & maybe Suh just playing mind games to get the best deal out of the titans or Rams, sure he'll take a pay cut to be a Ram but I feel he’s has a price set he won’t accept less. By the Titans not making any moves in FA as of now is telling me we're waiting on Suh to accept our offer or if we’ll be in a biding war for his services.

Apparently the Texans are looking at Lamar. Interesting. Wonder if Watson's knee is not looking great. I guess they don't pick until the 3rd but still, very interesting.

4 minutes ago, VY said:

Apparently the Texans are looking at Lamar. Interesting. Wonder if Watson's knee is not looking great. I guess they don't pick until the 3rd but still, very interesting.

I think a team like Houston would be smart to take Jackson if it was the right value. You already have your franchise QB and can bring Jackson in to develop at QB with no pressure on him right away. Best case scenario he develops into a stud QB and you use one of the 2 as a trade piece. Worst case scenario you spend 2-3 years trying to develop him at QB and it becomes obvious he won’t reach the level needed and you switch him to WR. 

Archived