The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I think Tyrann Mathieu might be my top priority if he indeed gets released this week. Love the versatility he brings and I like the idea of potentially going Byard and Mathieu at safety on passing downs.

Beyond that, at wide receiver I'd really be happy taking the risk on Robinson. He's ahead of Watkins for me, though I wouldn't be mad about Watkins. I'm going to ride this Terrelle Pryor bandwagon until I die. I loved Moncrief coming into the draft, so I'd like that risk. Still like Paul Richardson. Torn on John Brown.

Until he signs elsewhere, I'm going to continue to dream about Teddy Bridgewater having to settle for a backup quarterback job.

At running back, any of Dion Lewis, Jerrick McKinnon or Rex Burkhead would work for me. Just give me a back with some history of catching passes.

If we're not bringing Daquon back, Richardson would be my top pick. If we're just looking for solid to replace him, Adrian Clayborn would work. At pass-rusher, I'd almost prefer to make a boom or bust kind of add like Trent Murphy or Dee Ford. I have no real idea what to do at ILB.

Beyond Mathieu, Trumaine would be a really nice add in the secondary. I'm really scared by Malcolm Butler. After Johnson, there's a lot of risk involved in this FA corner class.

Then there are other top-tier guys that I like, but would be surprised to see us seriously chase. Andrew Norwell, Justin Pugh, Morgan Burnett, Dontari Poe. 

7 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Alex Okafor - OLB - Was poised for a big year for the Saints before popping his Achilles. Still relatively young. Would be an better 3rd pass rusher than Walden if he can come back from the injury.

Trent Muphy - OLB/DE - Liked him out of college. A bit worrisome that he got popped for PEDs and then blew his ACL. Guys like him and Okafor would certainly be 1 year deal flyers. Had 8 sacks  back in 2016.

John Brown - WR - Hes a long way removed from that electric 1000 yd season a while back. He's often injured, but he would add an element of speed to the offense, not to mention proper competition for Taywan Taylor. The injury history is concerning, however given the depth we have at the position, i think its a good low cost/high potential signing. 

I kind of touched on them, but I'd be interested in any of these three, especially if we can get them on a prove-it deal.

See...now I'm getting my hopes up just of this random guy's twitter rumor.

I truly believe Duke Johnson is as good an offensive weapon as Jarvis Landry. Such an underrated and honestly, underutilized talent. If we were to somehow land him for a 4th round pick or later, that'd be an absolute homerun.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

See...now I'm getting my hopes up just of this random guy's twitter rumor.

I truly believe Duke Johnson is as good an offensive weapon as Jarvis Landry. Such an underrated and honestly, underutilized talent. If we were to somehow land him for a 4th round pick or later, that'd be an absolute homerun.

THIS GUY GETS IT!!!

Duke would be a real nice snag. Takes that pass catching RB off of our list of needs, we can line him up all over the field to create matchup problems, and we get him for another year on a cheap contract. Pretty much a win/win for us if all we give up is a 4th or later.

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think Tyrann Mathieu might be my top priority if he indeed gets released this week. Love the versatility he brings and I like the idea of potentially going Byard and Mathieu at safety on passing downs.

Beyond that, at wide receiver I'd really be happy taking the risk on Robinson. He's ahead of Watkins for me, though I wouldn't be mad about Watkins. I'm going to ride this Terrelle Pryor bandwagon until I die. I loved Moncrief coming into the draft, so I'd like that risk. Still like Paul Richardson. Torn on John Brown.

Until he signs elsewhere, I'm going to continue to dream about Teddy Bridgewater having to settle for a backup quarterback job.

At running back, any of Dion Lewis, Jerrick McKinnon or Rex Burkhead would work for me. Just give me a back with some history of catching passes.

If we're not bringing Daquon back, Richardson would be my top pick. If we're just looking for solid to replace him, Adrian Clayborn would work. At pass-rusher, I'd almost prefer to make a boom or bust kind of add like Trent Murphy or Dee Ford. I have no real idea what to do at ILB.

Beyond Mathieu, Trumaine would be a really nice add in the secondary. I'm really scared by Malcolm Butler. After Johnson, there's a lot of risk involved in this FA corner class.

Then there are other top-tier guys that I like, but would be surprised to see us seriously chase. Andrew Norwell, Justin Pugh, Morgan Burnett, Dontari Poe. 

I kind of touched on them, but I'd be interested in any of these three, especially if we can get them on a prove-it deal.

Mathieu and Byard would be a killer tandem. Both can do just about everything so would allow for some different looks on D. 

I think a lot of what we do is going to be contingent on what their plans are with Lewan. All those other guys would be great to add but with all the money out there unless a bunch fall to the second wave will be hard to grab too many of them. 

Anyone listen to the Titans Pod Cast yet with Mike Keith Amy Wells and Jim Wyatt? For starters it’s awful in the sense if they had a Free Agent discussion and they didn’t mention a single player by name that they hope we target or rumored to target. 

The other thing that was alarming and i swear to god it better not be true but Mike and Jim both mentioned Robinson likes Fluellen a lot. F Flu season they need other style of backs Fluellen is really not much different than Henry. 

Also has the legal tampering started yet or does it start at 4?

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Jets, Titans, and Colts are "in play" for free agent Dion Lewis.

La Canfora adds the Patriots are "going to fight to keep" Lewis, but he's fully expected to price himself out of the Patriots' comfort zone. The 49ers could also get involved as they attempt to look for a different back to upgrade on free agent Carlos Hyde. Lewis could command $6 million per year.

Archived