NFC Championship Game: Vikings at Eagles, Week 20

Riddle

22 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Bears punt return TD was also looked at as a fluke.

We need Cordarrelle Patterson, Heath Farwell, Kenny Onatalu and Chris Walsh back NOW!!

Who else am I forgetting? Lol

I was always pretty fond of Eric Frampton...he was live!  

23 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Bears punt return TD was also looked at as a fluke.

We need Cordarrelle Patterson, Heath Farwell, Kenny Onatalu and Chris Walsh back NOW!!

Who else am I forgetting? Lol

How often are these "fluke" plays occurring though?  The Bears game was just a few weeks ago, and the Saints game was last week.  What concerns some of us is that two recent special teams mishaps resulted in opponents scores, and it is critical that we exorcise these types of plays if we are to get to and win the SB.

That last trick play from the Bears isn't something I see happening again. That one was an actual "fluke". Hidden players aren't just going to happen.

Blocked punt wasn't much of a fluke, just bad. Should be fixed and I am glad it happened last week and not this upcoming week.

One that scares me the most was actually in the Bears first game. That's the type of "trick" plays that can win people games.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

That last trick play from the Bears isn't something I see happening again. That one was an actual "fluke". Hidden players aren't just going to happen.

Blocked punt wasn't much of a fluke, just bad. Should be fixed and I am glad it happened last week and not this upcoming week.

One that scares me the most was actually in the Bears first game. That's the type of "trick" plays that can win people games.

The bigger issue is that teams are exploiting the Vikes special teams. Will Prieffer be able to stop a team again if they attempt what the Bears did? What other wrinkles may teams throw at us?

Still wondering how Keenum will do against this wide nine defense.
Going to be tough to roll out from pressure if pressure is coming up the middle.

Still think this is going to have to be a quick strike type of a game for us.
Somehow we have to get the running game going. Freeman struggled last week against the Eagles, Coleman did end up getting it going for them tho.
Maybe this turns into a McKinnon type game.

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The bigger issue is that teams are exploiting the Vikes special teams. Will Prieffer be able to stop a team again if they attempt what the Bears did? What other wrinkles may teams throw at us?

Whatever the wrinkles, we’ll need to have them ironed out to beat Philly. 

With the wide 9 front 4 DL formations, Case is going to have some potential room to roll out from the pocket here, which he needs to capitalize on. If we're looking where the "big plays" come from, it will likely be when Case recognizes these windows, and throws downfield.

Archived