GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I was speaking to the downplay of impact of the players we lost. The Eagles clearly were one of the most injuried teams in the league this season though. 

Fair enough. Eagles definitely got the short end of the stick this year with injuries. Hate seeing young studs like Wentz and Watson get hurt, regardless of where they play. 

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Isn't every team missing starters? I mean I get where you are coming from but it's part of the game. 

Nobody is saying other teams aren't missing starters, but no team that made the playoffs lost a player as important as Carson Wentz.

Hell.... there might be a case to be made that no playoff team was missing a player as important as Jason Peters either.

Eagles didn't have a season like the ChargIRs or others in recent memory, but they took big hits at critical positions where they had good to great players like MLB, LT, and QB.

47 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

This seems to be a bit of a stretch.

But I do think the teams @renndawg37 listed make more sense. The Texans definitely have a case. Patriots maybe and more yes than no.

LT and QB are big, especially a really good QB. Otherwise it's just a ho hum list as it isn't much different than most teams. The Browns had Joe Thomas, Ogbah, Jaimie Collins etc...put on IR but our winning percentage didn't go down at all after those players were injured.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

LT and QB are big, especially a really good QB. Otherwise it's just a ho hum list as it isn't much different than most teams. The Browns had Joe Thomas, Ogbah, Jaimie Collins etc...put on IR but our winning percentage didn't go down at all after those players were injured.

RemarkableTediousDwarfmongoose-size_rest

Let's not get to carried away about the "AP Team" comment by Ertz. 3 of the 5 main Starters lost, were. Think that was his point. AP ST RT/RB in Sproles. AP LT in Peters, AP QB Wentz, Best ST player/Pro Bowler in Maragos. Top 10 MLB in Hicks (yes he's that good). Best CB missed 10 weeks in Ronald Darby.

I understand injuries effect every team but frankly I'm completely in awe the Eagles have over come what they have thus far? To the extent they've some how made the NFCCG and have a shot at a potential SB berth?

Their run has been bitter sweet really. On one hand I wish we could of seen just how special this team "could" of been with those players above. On the other it would be absolutely comical and ironic if despite  those Injuries, these odds, this is how the Eagles somehow won their 1st SB? 

Archived