GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know about you, but Justin Timberlake would never be a distraction to me.  Mrs. Timberlake, on the other hand, is another story completely.  :)

Stop hiding your feelings. Getting lost into the eyes of Justin Timberlake doesnt make you gay. Just human 

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

QB? Maybe

RB? Not really

WR? Yeah, but Thielen is hurt

TE? Nope

OL? Nope

DL? Nope

CB? Yeah

S? Yeah, but Sendejo is hurt

ST? Probably a push

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's comments like these that make me think you guys are cocky or at best not that knowledgeable about the Eagles in addition to what I've seen on the Vikings forum and on social media from Vikings fans.

The fact one would say the Vikings have better coaching and that its not a push is just pure blasphemy.

Then, y'all say that RBs is just a push which is completely wrong.

Take this article which uses a team of analysts that studies every snap and grades out players at their respective position.

The Eagles third string RB is graded out as the 69th (nice) best RB in the league, meanwhile the Vikings first and second string RBs are ranked 65th (McKinnon) and 66th (Murray).

Philadelphia's top 2 RBs are ranked 18th (Ajayi) and 22nd (Blount).

That is a significant difference.

Dalvin was rated 16th, but he isn't playing this weekend.

Offensive line being a push is pretty ridiculous, cause even without our stud LT we still have a considerably better o-line.

Eagles OL is ranked by position like this:

Vaitai (OT) - 68th out of 74

Wiz (OG) - 27th out of 68

Kelce (C) - 1st out of 35

Brooks (OG) - 4th out of 68

Johnson (OT) - 7th out of 74

Vikings OL is ranked by position like this:

Riley Reiff (OT) - 55th out of 74

Jeremiah Sirles (OG) - 46th out of 68

Pat Elflein (C) - 29th out of 35

Joe Berger (OG) - 18th out of 68

Mike Remmers (OT) - 35th out of 74

These rankings are according to PFF.

I could go on about the whole underrating the Eagles CBs and LBs, but I'll end it here.

I have NO PROBLEM with Vikings fans being confident in their chances to win this weekend, but when you make blatantly obtuse statements that show you don't know what you are talking about it makes me think you are either cocky or ignorant.

I don't see how having a opinion on a comparison of the teams positional groups translates to being cocky?

Being cocky would be more along the lines of a fan saying " I'm not worried about the Eagles in the least bit this game is a total mismatch for them. I think this game is going to be over before the 3rd quarter even starts. Vikings 31 Eagles 6" Now that is what would actually be a cocky fan. I've seen few fans even suggest anything like that the large majority are preparing for a old fashioned defensive slug fest with a close finish.

In fact you are the one who started the positional group comparison between each teams same groups. People have their opinions which can be right or wrong or plain biased. But just because they have biases or disagree in that comparison doesn't mean the entire fan base is being cocky. As well it's a ridiculous thing to use to suggest a lack of knowledge on their behalf. It's just an opinion and some subjective rankings from PFF doesn't make yours right.

Even you said that the QB position is a "maybe", when almost all non biased people would say Case Keenum has been clearly playing better then Nick Foles. Since you, along with a few other Eagle fans on social media suggest that should we know make blanket statements about an entire fan bases knowledge? No, that would be absolutly ridiculous.

Furthermore these comparisons of units vs the same unit on the other team is 100% pointless it means absolutely nothing. That's strictly used as a talking point for media and fans that have nothing else to talk about. Your RB group or O-line being better then the Vikings RB group or O-line isn't going mean anything about who will win the game. 

Lets transition the thread to a real discussion with an actual meaningful consequence on the outcome of the game...

Min RB & O-line attack vs Phi front 7 - Phi

Phi RB & O-line vs Min front 7 - Min

Case Keenum & Min WR/TE vs Phi coverage - Min

Nick Foles & Phi WR/TE vs Min coverage - Min

Min Pass rush vs Phi O-line & Foles - Push overall but Griffen VS Vaitai is a mismatch if they don't give him good help

Phi pass rush vs Min O-line & Keenum - Phi

Special Teams- Push

The positional debate made me think of a big key to the game 

What long early drives by the Eagles will do to the game and that Minny D.

because whether you look at just this past Sunday or the season as whole...you could see the wear and tear...the slowing down of the Vikings Dline and Griffen in particular. (Being banged up now doesn’t help either) He plays a ton of their snaps, and the depth isn’t all that deep. Griffen played the 10th most % of snaps in the league, just under 80% on the year. Hunter was right behind him. Both DTs playing 2/3 of the snaps in the mid 60%.

With the Eagles on the flip side have 7 guys between 40% & 60%. Brandon Graham at their highest with 64% is below all the Vikings starters. So the eagles are fresher from the season, but also over the course of the game. 

If the Eagles can get a couple of those drives, even if they end in Elliot FGs. I’m going to very optimistic of later in the game when the very athletic eagles oline is going against a tired Vikings Dline and closing the game out with Blount. And a fresher Eagles Dline is going against a worse Vikings oline, potentially when the Vikings have to pass more to come back.

i think that’s the easiest path to victory tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

The positional debate made me think of a big key to the game 

What long early drives by the Eagles will do to the game and that Minny D.

because whether you look at just this past Sunday or the season as whole...you could see the wear and tear...the slowing down of the Vikings Dline and Griffen in particular. (Being banged up now doesn’t help either) He plays a ton of their snaps, and the depth isn’t all that deep. Griffen played the 10th most % of snaps in the league, just under 80% on the year. Hunter was right behind him. Both DTs playing 2/3 of the snaps in the mid 60%.

With the Eagles on the flip side have 7 guys between 40% & 60%. Brandon Graham at their highest with 64% is below all the Vikings starters. So the eagles are fresher from the season, but also over the course of the game. 

If the Eagles can get a couple of those drives, even if they end in Elliot FGs. I’m going to very optimistic of later in the game when the very athletic eagles oline is going against a tired Vikings Dline and closing the game out with Blount. And a fresher Eagles Dline is going against a worse Vikings oline, potentially when the Vikings have to pass more to come back.

i think that’s the easiest path to victory tomorrow 

Vikes have the best third down defense in recent history. It's hard to sustain long drives against this defense. The Eagles best bet is getting big plays or creating turnovers that set the offense up nicely.

Look at the Panthers game. Mostly a close game outside of two 60 yard runs. Keenum threw two Ints.

This is also what happened in the Saints game. A Keenum Int and blocked punt gave the Saints great field position.

and let's not ignore the major talent gap between Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, and Mark Ingram vs Nick Foles, LaGarrette Blount and Jay Ajayi.

Archived