GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Heard a stat on NFLN saying the Eagles led the League in QB Pressures by a wide margin. Pressuring QB on 41% of their drops. 

Having not watched but a handful of Viking games, how good is their OL? Who's the weakest links? Do they struggle in Pass Protect? Should there be concern for Keenum?

I know I'm worried as hell about the Griffith - Big V matchup since Supposedly he's given up the most QB hits in the NFL at LT since being named the Starter.

OL is average. Much better than last year. our LG to RT is all average. LT is our strongest with Reiff who has done great this year.

Griffen* and yes V has. but Griffen is battling a bad foot since the Clev game. Did get a sack last week tho.

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

OL is average. Much better than last year. our LG to RT is all average. LT is our strongest with Reiff who has done great this year.

Griffen* and yes V has. but Griffen is battling a bad foot since the Clev game. Did get a sack last week tho.

Good! ? We need any and all possible disadvantages we can get with that matchup! 

Going to be a tough game for both sides. The game comes down to 2 things for me: the Vikings O-line performance and turnovers.

The Vikes D has matched and played well vs basically every opponent this year. The 2nd half of last weeks game seemed to be possibly their worst performance all year. I feel like the team will lock down this week and be prepared to handle the Eagles offense. Not to jump on the general disrespect of Foles, but watching the game last week did not give me anything to really fear. The Falcons D can be very good, but they looked lost and lackluster. They produced turnovers and failed to use them to take over the tide of the game, in large part due to the Eagles stout defense. The Vikes have the same ability to create these turnovers, and hopefully botch any interceptions off of their knees. Turnovers will be huge for either side, and thankfully, the Vikes have not given the ball up many times this year.

Now, what really scare me is the Vikings O-line vs the Eagles D-line. The Vikes O-line had a drastic turnaround from last year, but they are still generally average. They have allowed pressure on Keenum more than one would like, but Case has shown the ability to avoid the pass rush and make some special plays happen. That still is not something I prefer to gamble on. If the line can holding off the pass rush to some extent of success, then the Vikes should be able to generate several scoring drives. If the Eagles D-line however can create consistent pressure, especially from the edge rush, it will probably cause a lot of issues. 

I think nearly having exit interviews last week pushes the Vikings to tighten their game up. While I expect the game to be tight and low scoring, something in my gut says that the Vikings win, and win in greater fashion that what is expected. I'm guessing 23-10.

What would be more heartbreaking, losing this game and getting robbed of the opportunity to be the first ever team to play a SB at home, or losing the SB at home? My prediction is whichever will hurt more is what will happen to the Vikings, I feel last week had to be some sort of great anomaly, or divine gift, and their fortunes will regress to their mean ASAP.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What would be more heartbreaking, losing this game and getting robbed of the opportunity to be the first ever team to play a SB at home, or losing the SB at home? My prediction is whichever will hurt more is what will happen to the Vikings, I feel last week had to be some sort of great anomaly, or divine gift, and their fortunes will regress to their mean ASAP.

tbh.. it would hurt more losing at home in the superbowl.
coming that close again, and being home, and losing. that burns.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They've lost enough NFC Championships in my lifetime and I'm numb to it. Losing a home Superbowl would be a new pain.

I think the only matchup that potential favors Eagles is Eagles DL vs Minny OL .... if Minny goes with a game plan to keep a TE (David Morgan) in for blocking (and he does his job respectively average)... I think the advantages across the board favors Minny. Case throws up jump balls to Diggs and Thielen after double moves on the Philly DBs, and Minny controls the clock with running the ball (I think they will run the ball more in the red zone, compared to last week).

I'm expecting a lethal defense from the Vikings, after a poor 2nd half defense in the NO game (by their own standards).

If you use Foles 4 games (as a starter) as a projections for total years per game over the 16 game schedule... they would have the lowest total yards per game in the NFL.

Archived