GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

@BAConrad Only the Panthers and Saints allowed less yards to tight ends then the Vikings did this season.  The Vikings only allowed 3 TD's, which is less than everyone except for the Steelers.  The 9.0 average per catch is the lowest in the league.  Not sure where we are getting this idea that the Vikings linebackers are bad in coverage.  They are very good against both tight ends and running backs.  The only time I can really think of them struggling this season was last week against Kamera.  

I fully expect the Eagles defensive line to abuse the Vikings offensive flow.  That said, the Vikings favorite type of plays to run are effective against man coverage.  The Eagles love running man coverage.  So I think there will be a certain level of success through the air on at least a couple drives.  Since the Vikings have the best defense in the league, I'm confident a couple drives will be enough.  My prediction 16-9 Vikings over the home team.  

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
  On 1/14/2018 at 12:44 AM, ninjapirate said:

For how "nice" vikings fans coming here seem they are still talking that mad ish on their own forum. They are worse than rams fans. Rams fans at least are annoying to your face. Vikings fans are just fake. 

That's a pretty ridiculous  thing to say lets not even try to act like the same wouldn't be true if someone were to go to a forum dedicated specifically to the Eagles.

Both fan bases have good reasons to be confident, some fans will show that confidence on different levels. 

23 minutes ago, BigBearSD said:

That's a pretty ridiculous  thing to say lets not even try to act like the same wouldn't be true if someone were to go to a forum dedicated specifically to the Eagles.

Both fan bases have good reasons to be confident, some fans will show that confidence on different levels. 

Untrue. I'm the same turd in every forum.

21 minutes ago, BigBearSD said:

Y'all are cocky even on NFLGen though

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like you just called us two faced.  Nice out here, but cocky in the Vikings forum.  

I'd say we are more confident than cocky.  I think, on paper, the Vikings have an edge over the Eagles without Wentz.  The equalizer being home field advantage.  

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't see hardly an cockiness, I see  from both teams a good amount of confident fans discussing the game. Should Viking fans not be allowed to have any confidence at all?

7 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

QB - Vikings, RB - Push, WRs - Vikings (a lot), TEs - Push, OL - Eagles, DL - Push, LB - Vikings (a lot), CB - Vikings (a lot), S - Vikings (a lot), ST - Push (I think).

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

RB - Push - Both sides have running backs that are decent, and capable, but not elite.

OL - Push

Coaching - Vikings

It's comments like these that make me think you guys are cocky or at best not that knowledgeable about the Eagles in addition to what I've seen on the Vikings forum and on social media from Vikings fans.

The fact one would say the Vikings have better coaching and that its not a push is just pure blasphemy.

Then, y'all say that RBs is just a push which is completely wrong.

Take this article which uses a team of analysts that studies every snap and grades out players at their respective position.

The Eagles third string RB is graded out as the 69th (nice) best RB in the league, meanwhile the Vikings first and second string RBs are ranked 65th (McKinnon) and 66th (Murray).

Philadelphia's top 2 RBs are ranked 18th (Ajayi) and 22nd (Blount).

That is a significant difference.

Dalvin was rated 16th, but he isn't playing this weekend.

Offensive line being a push is pretty ridiculous, cause even without our stud LT we still have a considerably better o-line.

Eagles OL is ranked by position like this:

Vaitai (OT) - 68th out of 74

Wiz (OG) - 27th out of 68

Kelce (C) - 1st out of 35

Brooks (OG) - 4th out of 68

Johnson (OT) - 7th out of 74

Vikings OL is ranked by position like this:

Riley Reiff (OT) - 55th out of 74

Jeremiah Sirles (OG) - 46th out of 68

Pat Elflein (C) - 29th out of 35

Joe Berger (OG) - 18th out of 68

Mike Remmers (OT) - 35th out of 74

These rankings are according to PFF.

I could go on about the whole underrating the Eagles CBs and LBs, but I'll end it here.

I have NO PROBLEM with Vikings fans being confident in their chances to win this weekend, but when you make blatantly obtuse statements that show you don't know what you are talking about it makes me think you are either cocky or ignorant.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think this could be a difference between people in different regions of the country.  It's possibly fair to say that Vikings fans are "nicer" in your forum, but speak more confidently in our own forum.  Personally, I call that being respectful of other people's feelings.  This is more of a midwestern thing. 

In the northeastern part of the country, people do have the tendency to just speak exactly what's on their mind.  I remember a number of years ago when I was working for a mortgage banking company, there was a lady from New York who worked for us.  She was a nice person, but, being from New York, she had a tendency to say things that made some of our customers angry.  I'm not talking about all the PC garbage we hear about these days either.  It's just a New York/Northeastern kind of thing.  

If you really want to know, yes, I do think we have a better team.  I do think we have a better chance of winning the game this week than the Eagles do.  That's not to say that you have no chance, or that you will be totally outclassed.  I don't think that.  But as far as the total team, and yes, coaching too, I think we are better and that we should win this game.  Maybe not by multiple touchdowns, but I do think we are the better team. 

That's my opinion.  You have a right to disagree, and I won't even call you cocky, ignorant, or a blasphemer if you do.  

Archived