GWT: Week 20 Vikings @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Philadelphia Eagles

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Will be interested to see if the Eagles put some sort of a big playmaker back to return Kicks like the Saints did with Kamara.
Kai didn't have many touchbacks this year, might of been sort of gameplanned. Every one but 1 last game ended up being a touchback (4)
Or are you guy's pretty much set with what you got at the KR spot?

If we are in a tough spot maybe?

Kenjon Barner does a very vanilla job...usually does one dumb thing  game.
Like last week he needs to do a better job at clearing the blockers from the area or just going to catch the ball rather than letting it go on that muffed punt play.

I feel like Corey Clement has a KR break in him...but hes not always out there

Only person I could think of them bringing in in a pinch is Agholor

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Which is shocking because he had pressure it seemed like all day when he was even making those passes.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was all year, and back to being a top 5 QB under pressure.

when pressured, what did he tend to do?

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

when pressured, what did he tend to do?

What do you mean?
Sundays game, or all year?

Usually he just tends to buy time, or somehow get the ball released.

With Sundays game, it just seems like it should have been a little higher. Not saying he was good by any means because he wasn't, it just seemed like there was constant pressure and he made a few more completions under pressure.

What do you mean?
Sundays game, or all year?

Usually he just tends to buy time, or somehow get the ball released.

With Sundays game, it just seems like it should have been a little higher. Not saying he was good by any means because he wasn't, it just seemed like there was constant pressure and he made a few more completions under pressure.

all year yeah

Just wondering if he would tend to get to the outside when it happened
because it's tougher to do with our scheme (wider DEs) with pressure up the middle

Just now, Kiltman said:

all year yeah

Just wondering if he would tend to get to the outside when it happened

Honestly, it was kind of everything.

Sometimes it was just ducking under the pressure, sometime it was a weird side step with the ends out wide where he couldn't escape outside, and if the end weren't wide he would roll out.

Probably should have been even sacked more as many time he would be hit and would somehow get out of it.

You guys damn near run a wide-9 DE's dontchya?

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Honestly, it was kind of everything.

Sometimes it was just ducking under the pressure, sometime it was a weird side step with the ends out wide where he couldn't escape outside, and if the end weren't wide he would roll out.

Probably should have been even sacked more as many time he would be hit and would somehow get out of it.

You guys damn near run a wide-9 DE's dontchya?

We run the wide 9. It is a staple of Jim Schwartz 4-3's.

Was really hoping weather would be nasty, it's not going to be so that aspect of the game (Temperature) , being outside shouldn't matter. Although it not being in a dome with perfect conditions should still have an effect. Something the Vikings only did 5x all year (played out doors) giving them 2 of their 3 losses.

HFA is a real thing in Philly. 14-3 over the last 2 seasons (hate having to include the BS Dallas Win playing backups) but 3 losses none the less. Since eventually we'll be told the Eagles haven't played anyone all year mentioning 12.5 pts a gm at Home (9pts over the last 6gms), probably falls on deaf ears!

This game comes down to which Team Pressures and Protects the QB the most, plain and simple. Neither QB likes Pressure, likes to be hit, likes to be hurried. Both teams have very good Defense's. Yes the Eagles have a good Defense too despite popular belief about our secondary. The one advantage Keenum has over Foles is his Legs. That is where he can hurt the Eagles the most, extending plays.

The Eagles I believe have the advantage on the OL even without Jason Peters so it will be on Foles Not to make mistakes. To take advantage when given the opportunity and a perfect pocket. If he does that more times then not, the Eagles Win. If he doesn't, they won't.

Here's Hopefully to a Heathy non injury game where the best Team moves on fully intact for the SB. Let the cards fall where they may.

Eagles 23-17 (yet another last second drive to either Win or Lose the gm). 

19 minutes ago, Super4 said:

I like Keenum against PHI's defense more than Foles against MIN's defense.  10/10

Yeah its going to come down to how well Pederson schemes the Vikings D. He put together a good gameplan last week so I have faith in him.

Keeping Foles clean the majority of the day is a must. Expect a lot of RPO’s, screens, quick hitters, etc.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Neither QB likes Pressure, likes to be hit, likes to be sacked.

Well I mean, I don't think there is a QB in the league that likes pressures or to be hit.

But what QB would really like to get sacked?

While true there are QB's that will take the sack trying to extend the play and those that crumble at the meer sight of it occurring.

How about we go with Hurried? 

Just now, biletnikoff said:

The team with the QB that played all season should obviously  be the winner. 

Not some guy on his second and a half game. Besides, the Vikings helmet  will look better in Ads, since the eagles did that stupid cartoon black outline thing

Based on your previous "predictions" please don't cheer for the vikings

44 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I thought so. Most roll-outs won't happen.
He just sort of had the Russell Wilson escape thing going for him, not all as athletic like Russell, but just slippery.

Well Wilson killed us on his escapes this year. I doubt Keenum has the same effect, but a scrambling QB has killed us once already.

Archived