gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

Just now, Starless said:

?

Somehow I think being Tom Brady gets him all the attention he needs to begin with.

Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that the Patriots have deliberately ignored any attempt at bringing any clarity to the situation for absolutely no reason at all. Brady is going to play, and he will be fine, but the Patriots won't even discuss the topic. You really think this is giving the Patriots some sort of competitive advantage?  It is an attention grab and nothing more. The media should stop talking about it, but they won't.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, lets just ignore the fact that the Patriots have deliberately ignored any attempt at bringing any clarity to the situation for absolutely no reason at all. Brady is going to play, and he will be fine, but the Patriots won't even discuss the topic. You really think this is giving the Patriots some sort of competitive advantage?  It is an attention grab and nothing more. The media should stop talking about it, but they won't.

so everything they've done clearly won't give them any competitive advantage

and they're still running a whole fake injury scheme anyway?

I don't understand 

Just now, Jaguarfan said:

so everything they've done clearly won't give them any competitive advantage

and they're still running a whole fake injury scheme anyway?

I don't understand 

And now you have come to the conclusion that is a move for attention and nothing more. Congrats.

I never said the injury was fake, he has a cut on his hand, but the hiding of all information regarding the injury to stir the media up is what I am talking about.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

And now you have come to the conclusion that is a move for attention and nothing more. Congrats.

I never said the injury was fake, he has a cut on his hand, but the hiding of all information regarding the injury to stir the media up is what I am talking about.

but why create a whole fake injury scheme if not for some sort of competitive advantage? 

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Why would the Patriots give out anymore information than necessary? 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

@AZ_Eaglesfan They keep information back on everything. BB treats the media like mushrooms on literally every topic. If they asked his birthday, he'd respond with how he's just preparing the team. The last thing he wants is unnecessary attention.

So he does the literal only thing that could bring more media attention to the team by hiding all information on a Brady injury? What?

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So he does the literal only thing that could bring more media attention to the team by hiding all information on a Brady injury? What?

He gives them nothing, at all times. It's been his MO for 20 years. Nothing new here.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

He gives them nothing, at all times. It's been his MO for 20 years. Nothing new here.

Giving the media nothing is one thing. Making an effort to make sure that literally no information regarding Brady's hand makes it to the public and having him wear gloves whenever he is in public is something else. This is actively making a story out of an injury, not just hiding something.

I don't even have a big problem with it, I just don't understand how the media is eating the bait on it, and I don't understand why people are defending it so much.

Archived