NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Hurts was drafted well after Love.

But yes.  Those guys all got opportunity and covid did not really affect them that much.

I don't feel like Love would have been so fortunate.  He's actually pretty fortunate that we took him and have invested time into him.  

True, I missed that one but I still don't think he's all world. Definitely strong as hell and has proven a lot of people wrong but I don't believe he's elite. He might also prove me wrong and is in a very good spot to lift the Lombardi.

We both see things the same with Love.  TBD if he can ball but he has had plenty of time in the incubator. Hope he is awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Refugee said:

True, I missed that one but I still don't think he's all world. Definitely strong as hell and has proven a lot of people wrong but I don't believe he's elite. He might also prove me wrong and is in a very good spot to lift the Lombardi.

We both see things the same with Love.  TBD if he can ball but he has had plenty of time in the incubator. Hope he is awesome.

Dude.  I have no idea what to think of Hurts...long term.

He lost his collegiate job to Tua.  No shame in that.  But he (Hurts) simply couldn't throw with accuracy.

He got better in the pros.  And this year he is all world.  Really hits the deep ball well and he seems really smart.  And with those legs, he's a legit weapon.

But...he's like Love to me in that they both needed some time, Love got more because of Rodgers and Hurts learned on the job.

I think it was this past summer some Eagles beat writers or Twiiter-guys were talking about how bad he was at a passing camp.  Crazy what he has done this year.

Regarding Love....I believe he is going to be just fine.  With a very high ceiling.  I want to see him be less robotic and use those young legs to get yards and first downs a few times a game.  

Now...we gotta surround him with playmakerz.  We seem to have an OL.  So let's draft him another wide out kindda high.

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Now...we gotta surround him with playmakerz.  We seem to have an OL.  So let's draft him another wide out kindda high.

First we need to elevate him from QB2. Going to be a while, or at least feel like a while, til that happens. 

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

Payton is going to have an uphill battle on a team punting a lot of its resources.

Getting Ryans out of SF is good. 

First thing I thought, too.

They gave up resources for Wilson.  Got a little back for Chubb.  Give up more for Payton.

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for em ...

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Be interested now to see if Vic Fangio ditches the MIA DC position for this new opening.......

I don’t think it was a secret that Ryans was moving on. Fangio would hopefully show more honor than that. Without getting into a whole conversation about the merits of it, SF has been doing good work getting compensatories back for minority coaches leaving. Number one is just being good enough to have teams wanting to hire your staff, but getting 3rd rounders back is no small compensation (unless it was a GB 3rd)

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t think it was a secret that Ryans was moving on. Fangio would hopefully show more honor than that. Without getting into a whole conversation about the merits of it, SF has been doing good work getting compensatories back for minority coaches leaving. Number one is just being good enough to have teams wanting to hire your staff, but getting 3rd rounders back is no small compensation (unless it was a GB 3rd)

Agree......the Ryan's move out of SF was well publicized....so much so that I think Fangio was delaying a decision about MIA. Perhaps it's only as a negotiating ploy...but more likely (IMO) he'd like that SF job.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I kind of get that logic.  And kind of don't believe in it.  But only kind of.

Herbert. 66.6%, 4336 yards.  31 TD's.  10 INT.

Burrow.  65.3% 2688 yards.  13 TD.  5 INT.  10 games started.

Tua. 64.1% 1814 yards.  11 TD.  5 INT.  9 games started.

Hurts.  52% 1061 yards.  6 TD.  4 INT.  4 games started.

Covid didn't hurt these guys too much.  It's kind of like...either you have "it" as a QB, or you don't.

All those guys flashed as rookies in a COVID season....and they all had opportunity.  We were winning, what, 13 games?  Love got no opportunity.  All those guys have progressed by playing.

No reason to think Love won't as well.  He's just behind them in regards to live game reps.  

Also...I feel like if Love had to play right away?  He's a bust.  But because he could sit and learn?  70% to 30% that he can be a successful NFL starter.

When Rodgers had to go in as a rookie and in his second year he didn't look too hot either.  I agree Love needs playing time.  We shall see.

• Like 1