NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, R T said:

That's BS. You mean like when TT turned down a 1st from the Vikings for Favre and took a 3rd from the Jets instead, was that an offense worthy of a firing also? As much as fans may think the Packers would be in a rebuild without Rodgers there is no one in their front office that isn't thinking about winning it all next season. They are not teeing up the 49ers with a Rodgers trade. 

I don't recall the Vikings offering a FRP being reported.  If I can two birds one stone, I'd seriously consider it.

I don't see the 49ers having any chance at Rodgers. They don't have any pick capital, and Lance isnt going to generate enough value to top what the Jets, Colts, Raiders or Titans could offer. 

Why would a 3rd team want to give up enough value to hypothetically give the 49ers Aaron Rodgers...and they end up with Trey Lance coming off a multiple surgery injury while he's played like 2 football games in 3 years? Just offer that direct for Rodgers then ...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see the 49ers having any chance at Rodgers. They don't have any pick capital, and Lance isnt going to generate enough value to top what the Jets, Colts, Raiders or Titans could offer. 

Why would a 3rd team want to give up enough value to hypothetically give the 49ers Aaron Rodgers...and they end up with Trey Lance coming off a multiple surgery injury while he's played like 2 football games in 3 years? Just offer that direct for Rodgers then ...

Because some teams not ready to win now would obviously prefer a young QB (i.e. Texans) 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I bet a team would give up the equivalent value of a late first

Not that I'm advocating for it, but.....

Lance threw an awful lot of balls to Christian Watson.

I wouldn't even remotely consider a first for him, to back up Love.  But...if he's somehow "free" or part of a deal without being the centerpiece...I guess I'd have some interest in him, just because of familiarity with what may be our best weapon for the next few yards.  No disrespect mean to Aaron Jones at all.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Not that I'm advocating for it, but.....

Lance threw an awful lot of balls to Christian Watson.

I wouldn't even remotely consider a first for him, to back up Love.  But...if he's somehow "free" or part of a deal without being the centerpiece...I guess I'd have some interest in him, just because of familiarity with what may be our best weapon for the next few yards.  No disrespect mean to Aaron Jones at all.

Isn't he a good athlete?  Maybe MLF could Taysom Hill him.

29 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Isn't he a good athlete?  Maybe MLF could Taysom Hill him.

First off, I don't know, I didn't really watch tape on Lance coming out.  What I did see were Watson highlights with him throwing the ball.  But I want to say, yes...he's an athlete.

But I like the athlete that we have in Etling right now.  

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Most of those teams are in position to draft one in a solid class for QBs though.

Not trying to be a ****, but is it really a solid class for QB's or is it a weak class overall for talent? Outside of Anderson and Carter who do you get excited about? From a QB standpoint, they all have some serious questions IMO. 

Young is way too small and not just talking about his height. Stroud doesn't work through his progressions. He reminds me of Fields without the bulk to be able to withstand the pounding when he runs. Levis, big arm but he puts mayonnaise in his coffee, so no way you can draft him. Plus, he throws a lot of INT's compared to TDs at this point. Richardson is way too raw, he's like the kid the 9ers drafted two years ago. Then there is Hendon Hooker, what is he 27 years old already? 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not trying to be a ****, but is it really a solid class for QB's or is it a weak class overall for talent? Outside of Anderson and Carter who do you get excited about? From a QB standpoint, they all have some serious questions IMO. 

Young is way too small and not just talking about his height. Stroud doesn't work through his progressions. He reminds me of Fields without the bulk to be able to withstand the pounding when he runs. Levis, big arm but he puts mayonnaise in his coffee, so no way you can draft him. Plus, he throws a lot of INT's compared to TDs at this point. Richardson is way too raw, he's like the kid the 9ers drafted two years ago. Then there is Hendon Hooker, what is he 27 years old already? 

Just start the thread already.  Just like the past few years, let's hear that "Jordan Love would be QB1 or QB2 in this draft class."  I miss those chats.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I agree. I think they've got some talent there.

They better because between russ and now Sean… their best draft picks to add young cheap talent are all gone in the short term.

So they have to believe they have the talent to win now.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just start the thread already.  Just like the past few years, let's hear that "Jordan Love would be QB1 or QB2 in this draft class."  I miss those chats.

Those comments are from last year and by @CWood21I believe. It could have been @Packerraymondthough. 

You have to admit whoever said that last year was correct. 

Edited by Old Guy