NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Preston is much worse than I thought, Z is much healthier than I thought and also much cheaper.

2x1 is double.

Last 8 games of the season last year.

P:  30 tackles.  11 QB hits.  5 sacks.

Z: 15 tackles.  7 QB hits.  .5 sacks.

Course Z was inactive in week 17, so P has one more game.

I'm not sure just how much "better" P is than Z right now.  Overall, I've always thought that P was the better all around player, especially in the run game.  But...Z was the better disruptor and pass rusher.  

17 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I said it at the time and it's doubly true now, keeping Preston over him was a huge mistake, even considering the back injury risk.  He was actually cheaper than Preston's deal.

This is an odd take, especially after he's forced his way out of town from two teams in 12 months. If Z had Preston's personality, maybe. Z is proving to be a cancer in the locker room if things aren't going how he wants. No thanks. That's doubly true around an extremely young, impressionable locker room.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is an odd take, especially after he's forced his way out of town from two teams in 12 months. If Z had Preston's personality, maybe. Z is proving to be a cancer in the locker room if things aren't going how he wants. No thanks. That's doubly true around an extremely young, impressionable locker room.

Z has hidden value though. He can attempt 50 yard field goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

New name coming up..........................

That name is stupid as hell in my opinion. Maybe they should have a new one every year forever. Pump up then jersey sales.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

That name is stupid as hell in my opinion. Maybe they should have a new one every year forever. Pump up then jersey sales.

I'm not certain whose lawyers screwed this up. The league's or Snyder's.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Preston smith is much more of a cancer.  A player worth literally nothing to any team as it stands.

Z just tryna get paid (and actually succeeding at it because he's good).  Locker room cancer lmao.  Guys on the team don't care if you want to take care of your business if you show up on the field.  Z shows up.

Edited by skibrett15

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Another odd take.

He's just an overpaid roster cancer.  Doubt he'll be playing much at the end of this year let alone the end of his contract.

As it stands, he's just the most overpaid player on the team.  But if he keeps falling off, and why wouldn't he, he'll be both the most overpaid and among the worst players on the team.

But at least he has a good attitude?