NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

I actually liked the Washington Football Team. Really I did.

Absolutely. It’s right up there with a country name like Central African Republic. Definitely named by someone who was completely slacking but in some ways that made it beautiful. Also, the acronym WFT just works for that franchise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

He's just an overpaid roster cancer.  Doubt he'll be playing much at the end of this year let alone the end of his contract.

As it stands, he's just the most overpaid player on the team.  But if he keeps falling off, and why wouldn't he, he'll be both the most overpaid and among the worst players on the team.

But at least he has a good attitude?

Show me on the doll where Preston Smith touched you

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Absolutely. It’s right up there with a country name like Central African Republic. Definitely named by someone who was completely slacking but in some ways that made it beautiful. Also, the acronym WFT just works for that franchise. 

I thought the redtails concept going around was great given the historical reference.

I also thought they could of done the FSU thing and try to partner with a local tribe and bring awareness to them, their culture, etc and just really be a celebration would of be great too.

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Just me thinking here...and that doesn't happen often, but....

We got the best two years of Z's career and paid him nicely for it.

Even paid him to sit out a year.

He wanted bank to stay based on those two years.  He didn't get it from us.  He didn't get the long term security from GB West and he isn't going to get it in Cleveland either.  He's gonna be a veteran merc like Suh and Clowner have been for a few years.  

exactly, Z is a team player for the first half of the first season every where he goes, after that he becomes a me first type of player, out a whole season with us and he gets prickly because the players didn't vote him as a captain , well said he's just like Suh and Clowny, or Bennett the TE we had some years back.

P. Smith is a steady Eddie team first player, it's why he's still here, and with a quality rusher on the other side he's fine, losing Gary allows the opponents to lend some help to stop P, having improvement from LVN and a healthy Gary our edge rush position should be vastly better then last season.

On 5/24/2023 at 3:14 PM, vegas492 said:

Z, 2022.

10 sacks.  44 tackles.  15 TFL. 24 QB Hits.  37 Pressures.

P, 2022.

8.5 sacks.  59 tackles.  9 TFL.  20 QB hits.  27 Pressures.

Just stats for the sake of stats.

Think PFF had him at 90 pressures last year?  2nd or 3rd

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Plus all the noise with Davante….

like it’s not a good look if every presser you have to reconfirm that you love the team, gm, coach and QB. Like he needs to just be traded again.

For such a good WR and quiet drama guy… he has drama and noise around him a lot now. Pushing the guy in the game, all this off-season.

He put up the numbers…. But it looks like life outside of GB isn’t going so hot.

13 hours ago, Green19 said:

Plus all the noise with Davante….

like it’s not a good look if every presser you have to reconfirm that you love the team, gm, coach and QB. Like he needs to just be traded again.

For such a good WR and quiet drama guy… he has drama and noise around him a lot now. Pushing the guy in the game, all this off-season.

He put up the numbers…. But it looks like life outside of GB isn’t going so hot.

IRONY: Davante going out of his way to point out he was all-pro last year without Aaron Rodgers. Davante then turns around and trashes the organization because they traded his quarterback. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

IRONY: Davante going out of his way to point out he was all-pro last year without Aaron Rodgers. Davante then turns around and trashes the organization because they traded his quarterback. 

Failing to see the irony? He trashed the organization because they replaced Derek Carr with handsome Derek Carr.