NFL News & Notes

Leader

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I actually didn't know about that one. Breaking the kids' arm is brutal enough. That makes me sick to my stomach. 

Why is this scumbag in the NFL? 

Pretty sure it was Adrian Peterson that broke his kid's arm. Hill was "just" the pregnant gf beater. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Pretty sure it was Adrian Peterson that broke his kid's arm. Hill was "just" the pregnant gf beater. 

The arm of his 3-year-old son was broken, just couldn't be proven that he did it.  

In 2014, Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma State’s football team after being arrested and accused of domestic violence. Hill allegedly threw his pregnant girlfriend around “like a ragdoll,” punched her in the face, sat on her, punched her in the stomach and choked her, according to a police report obtained by the Tulsa World in Oklahoma.

Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. He received three years of probation and was sentenced to enroll in a year-long anger-management course, a program designed to rehabilitate those who’ve been convicted of battery.

And in 2019, Hill was the subject of a criminal investigation for alleged battery after an incident left his son, then 3, with a broken arm. As of 2019, the case was inactive after medical investigations determined the arm was broken by accident. Hill did not receive any discipline from the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

The arm of his 3-year-old son was broken, just couldn't be proven that he did it.  

In 2014, Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma State’s football team after being arrested and accused of domestic violence. Hill allegedly threw his pregnant girlfriend around “like a ragdoll,” punched her in the face, sat on her, punched her in the stomach and choked her, according to a police report obtained by the Tulsa World in Oklahoma.

Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. He received three years of probation and was sentenced to enroll in a year-long anger-management course, a program designed to rehabilitate those who’ve been convicted of battery.

And in 2019, Hill was the subject of a criminal investigation for alleged battery after an incident left his son, then 3, with a broken arm. As of 2019, the case was inactive after medical investigations determined the arm was broken by accident. Hill did not receive any discipline from the NFL.

Yeah but he's so fast

• Like 3

He wasn't even expected to be drafted but...

"I just want everybody to understand that we have done our due diligence with regards to full vetting each one of our draft-class members,” said then-general manager John Dorsey, via The Kansas City Star. "We would never put anybody in this community in harm’s way.”

Added Chiefs coach Andy Reid: "There has to be a certain trust here, but there’s just things that we can’t go into and go through. We want people to understand, like Dorse said, we’re not going to do anything to put this community or this organization in a bind. We uncovered every possible stone that we possibly could, and we feel very comfortable with that part of it."

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I thought Peterson whipped his kid with a switch? 

yeah, I believe that is the case. I am like 90% sure that he whipped his older son because he pushed the younger son off of one of those motorcycle video games.  Did the older son break the younger son's arm?

But I think there should be a clear distinction between Adrian Peterson disciplining his children and going overboard, and Tyreek Hill having multiple incidents of battery.  Neither are good, but one is worse, and it is a pattern of behavior.  

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 7:32 AM, Old Guy said:

Why would you think I know every detail about every player drafted? 

You don't need to, but teams spend a huge part of their time digging into the background of guys.  So when you see a guy who is much more talented than his draft slot would suggest, the answer is often either "he's injured" or "he's bad news."

Tyreek Hill is just the rare example of the guy who despite being bad news becomes a superstar.  Mostly these guys end up like Antonio Callaway, who would have been like a 2nd round draft pick if he was clean off the field, but never did anything in the NFL to date.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You don't need to, but teams spend a huge part of their time digging into the background of guys.  So when you see a guy who is much more talented than his draft slot would suggest, the answer is often either "he's injured" or "he's bad news."

Tyreek Hill is just the rare example of the guy who despite being bad news becomes a superstar.  Mostly these guys end up like Antonio Callaway, who would have been like a 2nd round draft pick if he was clean off the field, but never did anything in the NFL to date.

I get that but he acted like I omitted on purpose that he beat his pregnant girlfriend causing her to lose a child. I knew he was a POS and even put in what I thought he did. I made no intentional omission of his criminal behavior.

13 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

No players were taken in the NFL supplemental draft.

The two players eligible, Jackson State WR Malachi Wideman and Purdue WR Milton Wright, are now free agents

I was hoping we would get Wright, or bring him into camp.  Then I saw his workout number.  Woof.

Shade under 6'2''.  190 pounds.

4.69 40.

2.66 20 split.

1.64 10 split.  

4.69 shuttle.

7.81 3 cone.

31 vertical.

10.0'' braod.

1.36 RAS.