NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rodgers isn't going to play this year. After the Jets lose another 1-2 games, he'll come out and say "well I would have played, but since we aren't in the playoff hunt, I'm not." That's all this is. 

I agree. I dont think he'd be able to run around...which will be necessary.
More...I think this is an effort to keep the team playing hard and not giving up on the season.

The only team in the AFC playoff race thats truly out of it already is NE - in the 16th slot.

#7 - Indy: 6-5

#15 - Jets: 4-7

The Jets schedule going forward isnt all too tough: ATL, HOU, MIA, WA, CLE, NE

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

More...I think this is an effort to keep the team playing hard and not giving up on the season.

The only team in the AFC playoff race thats truly out of it already is NE - in the 16th slot.

With their current QB situation, MIA is an auto-loss so that's 8 losses already. Houston is likely a loss as well. ATL is probably 50-50 this week. Once the Jets hit 9 losses, I think they are done playoff-wise. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

He has said he wants to make a comeback vs. Was. That makes sense because they’re horrible. Still no one will take it easy on his hobbled ***. Cleveland might not be great but that defensive front will be all over whatever comeback kid offense they try to run. Hope they drop a few before that to put this nonsense to rest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

With their current QB situation, MIA is an auto-loss so that's 8 losses already. Houston is likely a loss as well. ATL is probably 50-50 this week. Once the Jets hit 9 losses, I think they are done playoff-wise. 

Hey....I'm not saying they've got a shot....but the playoff field couldnt be any tighter. Miami's a sure loss....but in theory at least, if they could get *anything* from their offense....the other teams are...worth playing at least.

I know we want ATL to win...and I picked them this week....but I've zero confidence Ridders wont get eaten up by that defense....again....if they're playing to win. I sensed a bit of a "the wheels are coming off" coming from the player's side and I think the coaching staff's trying to keep them as focused as possible.

The Lazard healthy scratch.......
The HC telling his star running back to give more effort......

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Hey....I'm not saying they've got a shot....but the playoff field couldnt be any tighter. Miami's a sure loss....but in theory at least, if they could get *anything* from their offense....the other teams are...worth playing at least.

I know we want ATL to win...and I picked them this week....but I've zero confidence Ridders wont get eaten up by that defense....again....if they're playing to win. I sensed a bit of a "the wheels are coming off" coming from the player's side and I think the coaching staff's trying to keep them as focused as possible.

The Lazard healthy scratch.......
The HC telling his star running back to give more effort......

Rodgers isn't playing regardless IMO. This is a stunt (likely by him) more than anything else. He's cleared for "functional activity" which in layman's terms means "he can stand on the practice field and play catch with teammates." That's literally what's he's doing right now if you check Twitter lol. In other words, he basically can't do much of anything football related. I doubt he can even run full speed yet, let alone cut and make football moves.  

So he's going go from that to playing in an NFL football game in 3 weeks? Not a chance in hell IMO. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I really wonder how much Rodgers is inserting himself into the narrative is because if he wasn't the questions would be more along the lines of "by all rights, the Jets should replace their offensive coaching staff after a dreadful showing in 2023, but Hackett is Rodgers' buddy" which would be uncomfortable for him.

obviously Rodgers wanted Hacket because he didn't want to have to learn a new offense, and it's hard to argue the success those two had together with us, same with the players he asked the jets to acquire, none where huge dollar contract players minus Lazard, the receiver he had the best chemistry with last season, none of this stuff is hard to figure out, yet fans act as though it's some huge mystery, Rodgers injury, just made it all seem useless.

all this talk of a comeback seems inspiration for both players and fans, and thats all it seems to be.

If Rodgers farts in public 7 years from now it will be front page news lol.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Rodgers isn't playing regardless IMO. This is a stunt (likely by him) more than anything else. He's cleared for "functional activity" which in layman's terms means "he can stand on the practice field and play catch with teammates." That's literally what's he's doing right now if you check Twitter lol. In other words, he basically can't do much of anything football related. I doubt he can even run full speed yet, let alone cut and make football moves.  

So he's going go from that to playing in an NFL football game in 3 weeks? Not a chance in hell IMO. 

You're preaching to the choir dude. I'm saying the Jet FO is trying to give the players reason to keep playing hard.

• Like 2