NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Or the fan could sue for a couple of million instead. 

I'd be willing to bet the fan probably got what he/she (or any of the other 47 genders) deserved. 

That's the thing.  I get that team owners can't be doing what Tepper did, but there were hundreds of "regular" fans doing the same thing (and worse) in the stands lats weekend and nobody gives a damn.  Drinks being thrown at opposing fans is part of the stadium experience in many NFL cities.  If Tepper had stood there and talked trash after throwing his drink rather than walking away, I kind of would have respected that.

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

That's the thing.  I get that team owners can't be doing what Tepper did, but there were hundreds of "regular" fans doing the same thing (and worse) in the stands lats weekend and nobody gives a damn.  Drinks being thrown at opposing fans is part of the stadium experience in many NFL cities.  If Tepper had stood there and talked trash after throwing his drink rather than walking away, I kind of would have respected that.

I e been to dozens of games, most in Lambeau, but a half dozen in other stadiums as well and I've never once seen someone throw a drink. 

I know it happens, but I don't think it's THAT common 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I e been to dozens of games, most in Lambeau, but a half dozen in other stadiums as well and I've never once seen someone throw a drink. 

Maybe my favorite live sporting event moment was at a Milwaukee Admiral’s game in my teens and the Admiral’s coach got completely pissed at the officials and just started chucking hockey sticks from the bench out on the ice. And then the whole arena starting throwing their cups, etc out on the ice.  Man, it was hilarious.  Teenage me loved it. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

Maybe my favorite live sporting event moment was at a Milwaukee Admiral’s game in my teens and the Admiral’s coach got completely pissed at the officials and just started chucking hockey sticks from the bench out on the ice. And then the whole arena starting throwing their cups, etc out on the ice.  Man, it was hilarious.  Teenage me loved it. 

Mid 30s me would love that too haha

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Have you been to philadelphia?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

In the NFC an 8-9 team could make the playoffs. In the AFC a 10-7 team could miss the playoffs. 

I mean, a large part of this is if you look at all the high end QB prospects that worked out, they pretty much all went to AFC teams.  FRPs at QB since 2017:

AFC: Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pickett, Stroud.

NFC: Trubisky, Rosen, Murray, Jones, Haskins (RIP), Love, Lance, Fields, Young.

Not only have AFC teams drafted almost twice as many first round QBs over the past seven drafts, they have fewer complete misses (even Darnold and Wilson weren't unproductive at the level Rosen, Haskins, and Lance were), and almost all of the really good ones.   Like Love and Murray are probably the top 2 first round QBs taken in the NFC in this period, but #3 is really murky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I pounded the table for the packers to keep goodson. But gb let indy signed him. and tonight he choked indys playoff run. 

Tough to watch for the kid. 

He should have caught it, but Mishnew needs to throw a better ball there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Who's throwing that 24 dollar beer??

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hugh_Mann said:

D cell batteries in Philly .....
I personally witnessed 9 volt batteries being thrown at players during a Pack / TB game back in the early 90's

Man that’s assault AND battery.

• Like 3