NFL News & Notes

Leader

46 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Right?

You're talking to somebody who's never paid/secured a player jersey for any sport. I get a hat for each team and thats it...but I can understand the thinking of why get a kickers jersey....given that they move around so much.

Will ATL become NE South? Frankly, if BB wants to bring "his boys" and still run personnel....ATL should tell him "Thanks but no thanks. We've seen what NE's become and thats not happening here"

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Will ATL become NE South? Frankly, if BB wants to bring "his boys" and still run personnel....ATL should tell him "Thanks but no thanks. We've seen what NE's become and thats not happening here"

He's waiting for the Buffalo job to open up.

j/k, but damn that would be hilarious! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

Right?

You didn’t burn your Anders jersey?  Me neither, I don’t have that kind of cash to burn but I did put it waaay in the back of my closet and I’m not eating any kind of Danish including Kringle for at least a week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You didn’t burn your Anders jersey?  Me neither, I don’t have that kind of cash to burn but I did put it waaay in the back of my closet and I’m not eating any kind of Danish including Kringle for at least a week. 

I have mine on backorder still :( It's not expected to come until 2/7 (no joke it is on backorder) 

On 1/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, skibrett15 said:

I would prefer the defense gets possession, but they get possession where the fumble happened.  You know, like other plays.  Now, if they recover in the end zone, still get the touchback, but if it goes out the endzone, get the ball where the player fumbled.

Guess it protects a team up 8 or 9, team could  fumble out back of endzone to try to create a safety + ball scenario, easier than TD + onside with new rules….

On 1/22/2024 at 3:38 PM, Leader said:

The major complaint is the loss of possession. If the offense fumbles the ball out of bound on the field of play - it's loss of down, but control is maintained at the point it goes out.

So the proposed change would mimic the same....but since it occurred in the EZ...an arbitrary LOS is proposed - in this case, the 20. If the league goes this route, they could make it some other start point - but I dont think it should be closer than the 5 personally. 

Yeah it is tough call there is no perfect way to handle. If the defender does a great job in causing the fumble but can't recover due to the EZ well the offense must suffer in some way. 

If the NFL wants to keep the ball with the offense with this type off fumble the fallout should be pretty drastic compared to what it is now which is a loss of possession.

the NFL could do it like an intentional grounding call to the offense. Fumble out of EZ, get back but a 15 yard penalty and loss of down. Sad part is though a DPI later next play and the offense is back in business. 

Leave it the way it is really. Don't fumble the ball Ahman Green cough cough.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Refugee said:

No I haven't taken it off since they drafted him

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah it is tough call there is no perfect way to handle. If the defender does a great job in causing the fumble but can't recover due to the EZ well the offense must suffer in some way. 

If the NFL wants to keep the ball with the offense with this type off fumble the fallout should be pretty drastic compared to what it is now which is a loss of possession.

the NFL could do it like an intentional grounding call to the offense. Fumble out of EZ, get back but a 15 yard penalty and loss of down. Sad part is though a DPI later next play and the offense is back in business. 

Leave it the way it is really. Don't fumble the ball Ahman Green cough cough.  

the rules for the end zone are different vs the rest of the field.  

when a player possessing the football passes the end zone, they can lose the ball and there are no negative consequences, it is a touchdown and the play is effectively over once the ball crosses the plane of the end zone.  that does not happen at any other yardage line on the rest of the field.