NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, DamSamn said:

I've been here thru a couple names/lurking long enough that I recall seeing posters like AG20 have really good football takes. I honestly miss that.

sucks that now it's become a place to virtue signal/stir the pot/spit religious bull ****.

and I sincerely hope some of you aren't blessed with daughters

mods, please help me delete this account.

The good football takes definitely still exist. Just generally something football has to happen first.

The real common denominator between most of the posters on the forum however is their wont to debate. 

Double digit pages on schedule and most draft picks. It's the season of nonsense and bull****. Only way to stop it would be to lock the site til football returns, instead in the meantime the mods will herd the sheep away from the cliffs as best they can.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Leader said:

What's with this? What's to be excited about with the Cardinals this year?  A lot of empty seats available at cheap prices? Surely the drafting of MHJ isnt driving this buying frenzy...or is it?

Mark Dalton - Cardinals season tickets sold out in lower level at State Farm Stadium; earliest point since 2009. Team ranks 3rd in NFL in season ticket sales this offseason. Limited number remain in club & terrace levels.

They lost 1 major league franchise. Suns look like theyre destined for mediocrity, cling to the last hope. 

Edited by HighCalebR

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

What's with this? What's to be excited about with the Cardinals this year?  A lot of empty seats available at cheap prices? Surely the drafting of MHJ isnt driving this buying frenzy...or is it?

Mark Dalton - Cardinals season tickets sold out in lower level at State Farm Stadium; earliest point since 2009. Team ranks 3rd in NFL in season ticket sales this offseason. Limited number remain in club & terrace levels.

The population in Phoenix is booming. Refugees fleeing California. Illegals fleeing Mexico. Corporations fleeing higher taxes. Boomers fleeing snow. 

Two years ago my company had a billion dollar construction portfolio down here. We've finished $400,000,000 and even after removing completed work, it's now a 1.6 billion dollar portfolio. 

And that's with zero commercial real estate. All industrial and commercial affiliate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Here's the full quote of Butker's "attack on woman" and him saying they should stay in the Kitchen(headline I've seen from numerous news sites reposted on social media

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you, how many of you are sitting here now about to cross the stage, and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you’re going to get in your career. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world. But I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world. I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.

I’m on this stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I’m beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me. But it cannot be overstated, that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker. She’s a primary educator to our children. She’s the one who ensures I never let football or my business become a distraction from that of a husband and father. She is the person that knows me best at my core. And it is through our marriage that Lord willing, we will both attain salvation. I say all of this to you because I’ve seen it firsthand how much happier someone can be when they disregard the outside noise and move closer and closer to God’s will in their life. Isabelle’s dream of having a career might not have come true. But if you ask her today, if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud without hesitation and say, “heck no.” "

Not as bad as the headline would suggest, no? And whether it aligns with your views or not, many women find purpose in staying home and raising a family over pursuing a career. Society deciding that it isn't a fulfilling life path for women to do that anymore is where the problem lies. 

I've found gender-based stuff is easy to debunk by simply reversing the gender roles. Imagine Mrs. Butker, a very successful career woman, giving that speech and saying how Mr. Butker was delighted to stay at home and be a teacher to her children and homemaker, and that was an important key to her success. Would Mr. Butker be OK with that? I don't think so. More to the point, football would have been deprived of an excellent kicker. If any of the young women listening to Butker take his implied advice and choose to forego a career, how many scientists, doctors, political leaders, etc. will we be deprived of? And furthermore, it's all rightwing BS. I've known many successful career women (including my daughter-in-law) who are perfectly capable of creating successful careers while being outstanding wives and mothers. One of the things I'm most proud of my son for is his sharing of family responsibilities while he develops his career. And it hasn't held him back as he produced the Apple NFL halftime video of Usher. Butker's crap is simply about controlling women.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The good football takes definitely still exist. Just generally something football has to happen first.

The real common denominator between most of the posters on the forum however is their wont to debate. 

Double digit pages on schedule and most draft picks. It's the season of nonsense and bull****. Only way to stop it would be to lock the site til football returns, instead in the meantime the mods will herd the sheep away from the cliffs as best they can.

Im just glad we wont have to watch the duffman fall backwards all year

• Like 1

Would have loved to see msmre and palmys take on jordan. 

Also i forget who the poster was but there was a guy who used to do beautilf breakdowns of safety play (i think he had texas in his name or something like that). Def miss reading those guys. 

And waldo. 

But for every one of them we lost we also got rid of arrigo and justis so net equal

49 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Im just glad we wont have to watch the duffman fall backwards all year

Who you mean the best backup in the league? The duffman will bless us with his presence on the field again don't you worry. 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Swiftie love them some iced coffee? Noted.

Great move by the young goat. Bet it tastes like **** though, like those black rifle ready to drinks.

Which one is the ketchup on steak flavor?  I am guessing the red can?

Posted (edited)

Wondering if anybody watched the Podcast with Rodgers and Tucker Carlson. I don't think there is a bigger critic of Rogers on this board than me. 

Whether I agree with the things he said or not during this podcast, Rodgers is extremely well-read individual. It was entertaining. 

I especially enjoyed when Rogers called the NFL out a few times. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've found gender-based stuff is easy to debunk by simply reversing the gender roles. Imagine Mrs. Butker, a very successful career woman, giving that speech and saying how Mr. Butker was delighted to stay at home and be a teacher to her children and homemaker, and that was an important key to her success. Would Mr. Butker be OK with that? I don't think so. More to the point, football would have been deprived of an excellent kicker. If any of the young women listening to Butker take his implied advice and choose to forego a career, how many scientists, doctors, political leaders, etc. will we be deprived of? And furthermore, it's all rightwing BS. I've known many successful career women (including my daughter-in-law) who are perfectly capable of creating successful careers while being outstanding wives and mothers. One of the things I'm most proud of my son for is his sharing of family responsibilities while he develops his career. And it hasn't held him back as he produced the Apple NFL halftime video of Usher. Butker's crap is simply about controlling women.

Just stop with the virtue signaling stupidity. 

• Like 1