NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

This is awesome well posted. 

It just blows my mind that people still make the "Not a real man" "secretly gay" "Insecure in his masculinity" "overcompensating for a small peepee" comments in 2024. 

What makes it so wild is that it's always aimed at some dude doing nothing to bother anybody. (On top of the hypocrisy, what happened to "accept everyone"?)

My favorite new one is the "Nobody needs a pickup truck that big. If I stand in front of it, the driver can barely see my head. Big Trucks = Small ****. The government needs to ban these. They're not safe."

It's supposed to be a virtue signal, but what it actually indicates is that the person (typically a middle aged suburban woman) has a tyrannical streak and doesn't like White men, so she wants to take away the toys they like

It used to be that these pretty tyrants would at least target actual problems like stopping gang violence, but ever since even intimating there are problems in the Black community has become heretical, they don't have any real avenues to which they channel their petty impulses. 

Double ironically is it's the Obama era environmental laws that's causing all the trucks to grow into behemoths.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It just blows my mind that people still make the "Not a real man" "secretly gay" "Insecure in his masculinity" "overcompensating for a small peepee" comments in 2024. 

What makes it so wild is that it's always aimed at some dude doing nothing to bother anybody. (On top of the hypocrisy, what happened to "accept everyone"?)

My favorite new one is the "Nobody needs a pickup truck that big. If I stand in front of it, the driver can barely see my head. Big Trucks = Small ****. The government needs to ban these. They're not safe."

It's supposed to be a virtue signal, but what it actually indicates is that the person (typically a middle aged suburban woman) has a tyrannical streak and doesn't like White men, so she wants to take away the toys they like

It used to be that these pretty tyrants would at least target actual problems like stopping gang violence, but ever since even intimating there are problems in the Black community has become heretical, they don't have any real avenues to which they channel their petty impulses. 

Double ironically is it's the Obama era environmental laws that's causing all the trucks to grow into behemoths.

Sir this is a Wendy's

• Like 8

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's a joke, not a ****, you don't need to look at it so intensely

Not a problem. I didnt pickup that you were joking, but no "intensity" involved. I'd honestly never thought of it.

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As an owner of a pretty nice Toyota Tundra I also think huge or extremely lifted trucks look stupid and are an extremely dumb waste of money for 99% of the people. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

As an owner of a pretty nice Toyota Tundra I also think huge or extremely lifted trucks look stupid and are an extremely dumb waste of money for 99% of the people. 

Everyone's hobbies are a waste of money, it's what you do to find enjoyment in life, some people like to work on their trucks. Not hurting anyone and no one really cares that they think their truck is too big or looks dumb.

I've always wanted a bumper sticker for my truck that said "Sorry about your Prius, but congrats on your huge ****." 

23 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Sure, so do I. 

The difference between you, me, Ray and 98% of the population vs the petty tyrants is that we don't see an excessive purchase and immediately want to ban it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

We've now gone past the point of absurdity with this.

This is the text in question: 

For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I'm on the stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I'm beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker.

[Applause lasting 18 seconds]

She is a primary educator to our children. She is the one who ensures I never let football or my business become a distraction from that of a husband and father. She is the person that knows me best at my core, and it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both attain salvation.

I say all of this to you because I have seen it firsthand how much happier someone can be when they disregard the outside noise and move closer and closer to God's will in their life. Isabelle's dream of having a career might not have come true, but if you asked her today if she has any regrets on her decision, she would laugh out loud, without hesitation, and say, “Heck, No.”

As a man who gets a lot of praise and has been given a platform to speak to audiences like this one today, I pray that I always use my voice for God and not for myself. Everything I am saying to you is not from a place of wisdom, but rather a place of experience. I am hopeful that these words will be seen as those from a man, not much older than you, who feels it is imperative that this class, this generation, and this time in our society must stop pretending that the things we see around us are normal.

Heterodox ideas abound even within Catholic circles. But let's be honest, there is nothing good about playing God with having children — whether that be your ideal number or the perfect time to conceive. No matter how you spin it, there is nothing natural about Catholic birth control.

At no point did he say anything about Women can't be X or Women shouldn't be Y. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

BREAKING:

Catholic man shares Catholic values at commencement speech at Catholic School.

His values. Many Catholics would take exception to much of what he said. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

AG I got some good LOL's out of that and agree with you on much of what you typed. I won't put much further really of my own thoughts as you've already seen what that can cause and what it can cause if you're not fully in favor of the letter friends and other stuff. 

Funny to the tyrants are not always just women though lots of men cry foul too as they have fallen for a lie or just don't see it The wool is over their eyes, and they can't look things from a larger vantage point any longer. Oddly enough they do think they are but they are not they are so into their way, and what they fell MUST be the new progressive way they don't see anything objectively.

So accept everyone, accept me, accept them but if you don't well holy moly there wil be hell to pay for you. So, the paradox, irony and yes hypocrisy is quite hilarious and sad as they don't see it themselves. And with that said I see and know my own hypocrisy well I'm human and have all the same issues that anyone else does. My favorite though is those on this rock that don't have issues and claim to be really GOOD folks. Bahahaha good people my favorite people are GOOD people. What i want to know is who set their bar for goodness. Dam I remember the Gruden rubber lip thing I didn't defend him on here but i said to a few folks calm down like you've never said something disparaging to or about someone. Holy hanna i got my a$$ handed to me. The soapbox and good folk were up in arms that anyone could think some could do such things. I read this book from time to time it's ok there is a line in it says ' all have fallen short ".........not some, not a few but ALL. 

Have a good day AG and read your last post up on the actual football stuff. Dam fine work, enjoyed it immensely. 

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

His values. Many Catholics would take exception to much of what he said. 

He addressed that.

The quote was something along the lines of 

"We must stop pretending that the Church of Nice is a winning proposition." 

Which, go ahead and put that banger in the Louvre

• Like 1