NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think he'll stay healthy either. 

My body is ready for 300 yards 3TDs and 3INTs every week from Mullens haha

Mullens is fun to watch, so at least you have that.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's probably what we should have done if McCarthy was healthy anyways. I wanted him to play in relief time this year and wait until 2025 to be the guy. 

Hopefully his rehab goes well and he can be right on track for next season. 

Until then, I'm ready for disappointment with Darnold and absolute balls to the walls chaos with Nick Mullens lol

Except for the actual reps in practice and working through game plans on the field. It's unfortunate what happened to him. 

Just no other way to put it but this is a setback for his career. 

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Darnold could be just the type of QB that O'Connel could coach up to get MIN those 7 wins you don't particularly want.

May four of them come vs. Chicago and Detroit. Every year teams go through it with injuries but some more than others. It’s really tough when you get hit before the games even begin. 

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Except for the actual reps in practice and working through game plans on the field. It's unfortunate what happened to him. 

Just no other way to put it but this is a setback for his career. 

Yeah I mean it's not ideal. Hopefully he can get back on track quickly though. He seems like a smart guy with a good mindset about things and was showing out a bit before this injury.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah I mean it's not ideal. Hopefully he can get back on track quickly though. He seems like a smart guy with a good mindset about things and was showing out a bit before this injury.

Living in NW Wisconsin it's no secret I'm not a Viking fan. That being said, sorry to see him go down with that knee issue.  The reps he would have gotten are now lost which were so important to him.  Sitting, watching and studying are now focal points which is better than nothing but not even close to practice/playing.  Here's hoping his recovery goes well.  

• Like 2

Sucks to see a guy with so much promise end his season on IR before he even had a real chance to show what he’s made of and miss an important year of development to boot. I know it almost sounds like betrayal to say that about a division rival, but I don’t wish injury on anybody… well, maybe DeShaun Cosby.

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery? Is that good?

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

Adam Schefter -   Bills Pro-Bowl linebacker Matt Milano, who left Tuesday’s practice injured, tore his bicep and now will be out indefinitely. Milano will undergo surgery on his torn bicep with the hope of trying to return later this season, possibly in December.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's probably what we should have done if McCarthy was healthy anyways. I wanted him to play in relief time this year and wait until 2025 to be the guy. 

Hopefully his rehab goes well and he can be right on track for next season. 

Until then, I'm ready for disappointment with Darnold and absolute balls to the walls chaos with Nick Mullens lol

Let's see how many times in the 5000 yards game I can use a Vikings QB, LOL.  I mean, you do draw Giants, Colts, and Titans, three of my favorite targets...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

ESPN fired Robert Griffin III and Sam Ponder, who I really don't know. 

Hate to see them lose their jobs, but I couldn't take listening to Robert Griffin III. He was just annoying as hell. 

Was Sam Ponder Christian Ponder's super hot wife?

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

ESPN fired Robert Griffin III and Sam Ponder, who I really don't know. 

Hate to see them lose their jobs, but I couldn't take listening to Robert Griffin III. He was just annoying as hell.